Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the 2nd tier of smartphones

Options
  • 08-07-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

As far as I can see thr htc one, galaxy s4, iphone 5 and nexus 4 are the top tier.

What are the best value smartphones in the tier below the top 4, for those who want a cheaper option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There's no tier 2, its all fragmented as to how much you want to spend. Give a precise figure and then somebody might have some suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

ED E wrote: »
    There's no tier 2, its all fragmented as to how much you want to spend. Give a precise figure and then somebody might have some suggestions.

ok what i meant was what are the most expensive phones right after the 4 mentioned above and how do they compare? in what aspects do they fall down? so basically discussing the next 3/4 most expensive phones

iPhone 5 680
    S4 600
    HTC One 530
    Xperia Z 530

You forgot the Z and the Nexus isn't really top tier, its a middle of the road.

Then you have:
    Xperia T
    Lumia 820
    Iphone 4
    Galaxy S3
    Xperia S
    HTC One X

TBH just get a nexus.

iPhone 5 680
    S4 600
    HTC One 530
    Xperia Z 530

You forgot the Z and the Nexus isn't really top tier, its a middle of the road.

Then you have:
    Xperia T
    Lumia 820
    Iphone 4
    Galaxy S3
    Xperia S
    HTC One X

TBH just get a nexus.

Why so? the ordering process is a pain and the HTC One can be got at a price not an awful lot higher (taking into account meteor's bill pay 25 a month deal getting the htc one at 160)

If its bill pay then get whatever your network offers you. The nexus €350, the one is €530 but if its only what X network offers why not include that in the OP.

• Advertisement

If its bill pay then get whatever your network offers you. The nexus €350, the one is €530 but if its only what X network offers why not include that in the OP.

I see what you mean but I'm not limited to bill pay. Open to payg if the offer and phone are good enough

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The Nexus 4 + a pay as you go plan like 48months (€20 unlimited calls, texts and 5GB of data) I feel gives you by far the best value for money at the moment.

The Huawei Ascend P1 for €200 on expansys is also fantastic value for money.

Advertisement