Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto X: News, Rumours and possible release dates!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Definitely not aimed at the power users, fairly disappointing but I should ensure that Motorola are bag in the game.

NEXT...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

God dammit.

I am extremely disappointed by this.

The customization options are brilliant, but the complete lack of sales outside North America are ridiculous.

It also seems to be overpriced for the specs on offer.
    I'm not a fan of quad cores and 1080p for the sake of it, but a massive selling point of this phone would of been good specs at a decent price.

Damn shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

Basically like I said earlier in the thread so.

Damn shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

It's a great phone but it's not much better than the Nexus 4. The clock speed of the processor is at 1.7GHz instead of 1.5GHz and it's a dual-core Krait. The graphics should be the same because both run Adreno 320 chips but it kills the Nexus 4 on GFXBench, I don't know why. The battery is 2200mAh compared to the Nexus 4's 2100mAh so it's not a giant leap.

Rumors are saying a Google Play Edition could be released at $299, but there's no way to confirm that right now. I was also hoping it'd run the latest Android but it ships with 4.2, but maybe the Play Edition will be treated like the Nexus line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Served its purpose, bit interesting news to read. Nothing astounding aesthetics or tech wise. Xperia z ultra hits both points! Nexus 5, Oppo 7, note 3 are the next interesting ones to look forward to.

Wont be long until the nexus 5 anyway. More than likely that will surpass all phones out this year and its stock android so little or no lag cause of bloody bloatware!!

Roll on november!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Not sure what crack pipe Motorola have been smoking but they think they can charge a SGS4 price for an inferior phone. What's even more ridiculous is that a Google company can't even release a phone with their latest OS.

At this stage, the best thing Google could do with Motorola is pull the shutters down and put it out of it's misery.

I agree with ya mate. They can't even give it the latest bloody OS update and its owned by the same company that creates the OS. They did mention something in relation to it being 'nearly stock' obviously meaning that because of the locked bootloaders to the networks theres gonna be bloatware!

Load a muck tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

nursewally wrote: »
    I agree with ya mate. They can't even give it the latest bloody OS update and its owned by the same company that creates the OS. They did mention something in relation to it being 'nearly stock' obviously meaning that because of the locked bootloaders to the networks theres gonna be bloatware!

Load a muck tbh

A google addition has already been rumoured to be in the pipeline.... wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Not sold outside North America

G0GXI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks like it won't be coming to Europe though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

The recently release Droid Maxx has nearly identical specs and a 3500mAH battery as opposed to the Moto X's 2200mA battery.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5601&idPhone2=5604

Trying to find out for certain if the Google Play edition of the Moto X will have the same features as the normal version, if not then there's no massive point in getting it.

Another bonus would be the same level of customization.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Trying to find out for certain if the Google Play edition of the Moto X will have the same features as the normal version, if not then there's no massive point in getting it.

Another bonus would be the same level of customization.

I don't even see what changes they would make for a Google play edition. The thing seems very close to stock as it is and the few small changes they've made would likely be in a GPE version.

I don't even see what changes they would make for a Google play edition. The thing seems very close to stock as it is and the few small changes they've made would likely be in a GPE version.

I'd imagine some of the features like the Always on Google Now and Lock Screen are a part of Motorola's side and would not be available on the a GPE version.

I've seen a few conflicting views on this, but I'm guessing they won't have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

I'd imagine some of the features like the Always on Google Now and Lock Screen are a part of Motorola's side and would not be available on the a GPE version.

Without moto's features I don't see how they can justify the heavy price tag of google editions. It's such a weird product that doesn't fit at the top tier price bracket. Price would of been a huge advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The S4 has a customised lock screen for use with the official case and it is kept in the GPE version. Same with things like the black background in the menu screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

$575 sim-free.

This thing has to be the biggest joke of the year.

$575 sim-free.

Have you got a definite source on that for us?

This whole thing is pushing me closer to going for the HTC One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

$575 sim-free.

link??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

MKBHD made a video about the Moto X, he was at the original launch event.

He seems to like it, and was impressed with the battery management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Rochey18 wrote: »
    MKBHD made a video about the Moto X, he was at the original launch event.

He seems to like it, and was impressed with the battery management.
    Was this minute about to watch it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Out of curiosity, how would you go about ordering one from Ireland? Would it be a case of sending it to a friend in the US and shipping it over?

Would it work here when it arrived?

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how would you go about ordering one from Ireland? Would it be a case of sending it to a friend in the US and shipping it over?

Design your phone and then get a friend in the US to have it sent to them, and then they send it on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭elmicko

peejay1986 wrote: »

I know I'm bringing up an old thread but I'm considering getting one of these with $150 off on Cyber Monday. I will be getting it delivered to a friend in Boston who's coming home for Christmas. My question is in relation to the 4G capability - from
    http://www.motorola.com/us/Moto-X-Developer-Edition-GSM-Networks/moto-x-developer-edition.html
    700/AWS/1900MHz (B17/B4/B2)
    from research it appears this may not work in Ireland.
    Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Aren't meteor due to launch the moto x soon?

• Advertisement

censuspro wrote: »
    Aren't meteor due to launch the moto x soon?

Haven't heard about that, I know they have the Moto G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Its been dropped to £300 in the UK so its Nexus 5 money now.

EDIT: Added sauce.

http://m.gsmarena.com/simfree_moto_x_price_cut_to__pound300_in_the_uk-news-7711.php

Advertisement