Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog getting neutered today

• 08-07-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

almost cancelled it this morning! of all weeks to have her stuck in a cone...feeling so guilty right now :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well lets put it this way; we currently have a foster cat in heat (her owner wanted to put her on the street after being an indoor cat for two years since she was a kitten as "she was looking strangely at the new baby" which is the third in that house hold) I can comfortably say that a few weeks of annoyance beats a lifetime of frustration (and they would be going into heat trying and failing to satisfy their biological drive).

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭darabbit

I had my two neutered last week. They are both wearing cones with no problems. You can take it off if you are there to watch him/her. They recover very quickly. once the anesthetic wore off they were back to themselves. Don't worry about them. I know how you feel though. I was was nauseaus after leaving them to the vet.

The only problem is that they keep running into me as they have no side vision.;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

yes was worrying over nothing! Shes managing the cone very well in this heat, except when she takes the ankles off me with it in the morning! She was bit groggy getting home after vets but managed to stay awake all evening, even jumped up onto the couch for herself! She wouldn't eat anything - which is a first for her cos she eats like a horse, was very strange to see her turn her nose away at food but I gave her some of my ice lolly and she devoured that!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭darabbit

fifib wrote: »
    yes was worrying over nothing! Shes managing the cone very well in this heat, except when she takes the ankles off me with it in the morning! She was bit groggy getting home after vets but managed to stay awake all evening, even jumped up onto the couch for herself! She wouldn't eat anything - which is a first for her cos she eats like a horse, was very strange to see her turn her nose away at food but I gave her some of my ice lolly and she devoured that!

I had to invest in some arnica for the bruises caused by my two running blindly into me. Don't worry about her appetite it will return once the drugs wear off. Try feeding her boiled chicken and rice in small portions. Be careful that she doesn't rip the stiches by jumping on the couch. I would lift her up for a few days.

Good to hear she is on the mend.

Advertisement