Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KS P90 Upgrade options

• 08-07-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I currently own a second hand KS p90, I bought it about 10 months ago, so it is nearly 2 years old (bought it second hand). When I first bought it, it's performance was grand, I bought a tight bore for it and its performance increased quite a bit, but I still feel it could do better. Since its 2 years old, I'm worried about how long it will last me, since it is a Chinese clone. Does anyone know any good upgrades for it to make it perform better and also increase its longevity? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gmac98

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

do u want speed, good trigger response or a bit of both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

If it was mine I would clean and regrease the gearbox.
    New piston, short stroked. Short stroke the standard gears.
    New bearings, re shim the gears.
    A decent hi torque motor and a standard MOSFET to protect contacts.

If short stroking you will need a stronger spring.
    I would put in a bearing spring guide and possibly replace cylinder head and piston head depending on condition.

Should of mentioned the piston would need at least 3 metal teeth to be able too short stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gmac98

Thanks, much appreciated, will look into all those things :)

Advertisement