Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit abroad

Options
  • 08-07-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am traveling to Canada on Wednesday, I will be living there for a year, until I get my Canadian bank account sorted, I will be using my BOI current account to withdraw money and then will transfer my funds etc once all has been sorted.

My main question is will my Visa Debit card work in Canada or do I need to get a different card for that to work? I have been able to use it abroad before but just confirming.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Gintonious,

Thanks for posting.

Visa Debit cards are accepted worldwide wherever the Visa symbol or logo is displayed. 
    We would advise calling Banking 365 and letting the representative know that you will be using your card abroad.
    A note can then be left on your account.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement