Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.S.P. Olympia Fri Sep 20th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Best news of the summer so far!

EXCITED doesn't do it justice :D

New single

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Is this definitely going to sell out yeah? Might need time to persuade my friends to go.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Is this definitely going to sell out yeah? Might need time to persuade my friends to go.

To be honest, I'd be fairly confident it wont.

Maybe standing, but like most gigs they'll sell first anyways.

Saw them the last 3 times in the Olympia, only once was a sellout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 The Colour Of Money

EXCITED for this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Does anyone know who the support act for this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Cate Le Bon according to the Olympia Theatre website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

What time will the Manics be on for?

"Approximate times as follows: doors open 7pm, support act Cate Le Bon on about 8pm/8.15pm, Manic Street Preachers due on stage about 9pm/9.15pm until about 11pm. Please note, times are subject to change as always."

From : http://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/manic-street-preachers/

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

This is sold out I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I tried just there on the off chance even though I can't go as I'm going to Fleetwood Mac and I could have got front row of the circle the middle 2 seats which are the best seats in the place! So if any of you are looking try now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I tried just there on the off chance even though I can't go as I'm going to Fleetwood Mac and I could have got front row of the circle the middle 2 seats which are the best seats in the place! So if any of you are looking try now!

You have to stand at a rock gig, luckily I have a standing ticket, I never have nor never will sit down at a rock gig, I wouldn't go if that was the only option left.

Wow, you really don't realise just how tight a band they are and just how good a guitarist James Dean Bradfield is until they batter you round the head for 2 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wow, you really don't realise just how tight a band they are and just how good a guitarist James Dean Bradfield is until they batter you round the head for 2 hours or so.

Disappointed I couldnt make it due to work ,they are a great band live.
    How long did they play for 90 minutes or more ?
    They usually do short setlists but I see they played 20 songs last night .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

going to the belfast gig tonight, cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

90 mins on the button. bradfield is a brilliant guitarist. they were class last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Amazing gig. Completely blown away by how good they were last night.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

That was absolutely fantastic. One of the best gigs I've ever been to. Nice surprise to hear Revol. I'm even tempted to go and see them again in the UK later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Was at the Belfast gig the following night, absolutely savage gig. Had heard the Dublin one was brilliant too. Loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,854 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

90 mins on the button. bradfield is a brilliant guitarist. they were class last night

Great band live but my only complaint is that they dont play for long enough .
    With such a huge back catalogue they really should be playing 2 hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement