Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do???

• 08-07-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Went to a field day yesterday and my daughter brought her Bichon to enter the dog show. during the show, 1 competitor had 2 large dogs, one rottweiler and another large breed. it was obvious she had problems controlling them. The rottie seemed to be very aggressive, lunging and snapping at other dogs. During one of the classes, my daughter got a 2nd, and this other person got a 3rd. the other person had both dogs in the arena at the same time. Unfortunately, as my daughter was leaving the arena, the rottie attacked and bit the bichon. :mad: between the screams of my daughter, and the yelps of the poor dog, none of the organisers bothered to talk to either us, or the owner of the rottie. I eventually got to talk to one of the organisers, and have since sent a letter of complaint. sorry for the long post, but what would you have done??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I hope your little doggy is ok. I would be sending any vets bills to either the owner or the competition organisers. Is it against the rules to have 2 dogs in the ring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

thanks for the reply, I would also have thought the 2 dogs should not have been allowed. I have sent an email to the organisers and indicated that I would forward any vets bills.. fortunately, the dog wasn't seriously hurt, just bruised and scared!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The owner of the other dogs is an idiot. I have a scaredy-cat dog who lunges and barks at other dogs just like that and I wouldn't dream of putting her in the way of trouble like that other owner did. She's done nothing to help the reputation of the breed, either.

Very sorry for your little dog, I'm certain ye all got a terrible fright.

Re: what do to do, I don't think there is any legislating for stupidity, OP. It shouldn't have happened, regardless of the breed of dogs involved.

All I can see the organising committee doing is insist that restricted breeds entering the dog show next year wear muzzles and stay on a short lead.

Or rather be safe than sorry, they could ban restricted breeds from entering at all next year, which wouldn't be fair.

Advertisement