Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fighting dogs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

This is illogical. If you are going purely on damage that can be done then why aren't St Bernards on the restricted breed list?

Maybe it's considered less volatile than a pitbull..... I dont make the laws but i'm guessing its something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Does anyone here adhere to these laws? I haven't and I don't think I would with my German shepherd, nor do I think I should. What are your opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

jobless wrote: »
    I personally dont like those kind of dogs but thats just my opinion... (which has been jumped on)

Your opinion was that those dogs were dangerous. That is what you are being "jumped on" for, not your opinion that people should comply with legislation.
    jobless wrote: »
    Maybe it's considered less volatile than a pitbull..... I dont make the laws but i'm guessing its something like that

This is the case. The real question is why are pitbulls considered more volatile. I suggest the answer is bad owners.
    Gumbi wrote: »
    Does anyone here adhere to these laws? I haven't and I don't think I would with my German shepherd, nor do I think I should. What are your opinions?

I think you should muzzle your dog as required by law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Zulu wrote: »
    Therein lies your problem!

It'd serve you better not to base your judgments on hear-say. I personally know a kennel owner who'll honestly tell you her worst attack was from a Lab. So strong were her feelings that, she gave me the name of the line so that I could ensure to avoid it when I was getting my Lab.

The simple fact of the matter is: it's the owner not the dog. Personally I'd ship every owner that picks up their dog before any of the "restricted breed" dogs.

hardly hearsay seeing as you can easily read many of the stories online....

For all you know there could be thousands of owners of the same lab that have had no issues....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Why? My dog is safer than almost any terrier I have ever come across, who can be vicious little things in the hands of many owners (I am absolutely not blaming the dogs here), and these dogs aren't required to be muzzled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The tone of this thread is already heated and argumentative, which I don't see resolving anytime soon. I am therefore locking this thread as I don't see any meaningful outcome bar endless reported posts.

If you have a valid reason for wanting to keep this thread open please PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement