Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage top-up for buying land

Options
  • 08-07-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Hopefully I can get some advice....

I have been looking to buy a site with a cottage included that I plan to renovate or rebuild. There is planning permission on the site already but no need to open that can of worms. The site is close to me but I am not sure how best to finance it. The asking price is 65k and I have 30k savings (including a little help from my mother !).

I currently own a home, bought it in 2008 and I am in negative equity but luckily it is a tracker mortgage and is easily manageable. The choices as I see it are either looking for a top-up from the bank or a personal loan.

Any suggestions would be welcome, Thanks, Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yoloc

Hi All,

Hopefully I can get some advice....

I have been looking to buy a site with a cottage included that I plan to renovate or rebuild. There is planning permission on the site already but no need to open that can of worms. The site is close to me but I am not sure how best to finance it. The asking price is 65k and I have 30k savings (including a little help from my mother !).

I currently own a home, bought it in 2008 and I am in negative equity but luckily it is a tracker mortgage and is easily manageable. The choices as I see it are either looking for a top-up from the bank or a personal loan.

Any suggestions would be welcome, Thanks, Mark

Offer 30k for it, i bet they take your hand of when you tell them its a cash offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4 markdrogheda

Ha - they have dropped the price by 50% over the last 18 months, negotiations will be key. DaftDrop is a great thing !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

You won't get a top up if you are in negative equity, personal loan maybe.

What about a credit union, do you have an account with one?

Advertisement