Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread 13/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

AdamH95 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many houses there are in Merville?

25 houses, with 6 apartments in each.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AdamH95

Are they pretty much the same or would some be better than others?

AdamH95 wrote: »
    Are they pretty much the same or would some be better than others?

They're all practically identical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AdamH95

Cheers, thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Very very important question....

where are the RA's housed in Merville and Belgrove? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Dapics wrote: »
    Very very important question....

where are the RA's housed in Merville and Belgrove? :D

Think they're in various different houses/apartments

They're all over the place but theres usually one or two very close to the actual office.

DaisyFay wrote: »
    They're all over the place but theres usually one or two very close to the actual office.

Guess it's luck of the draw then!

Are they sound enough? Are they tolerant of pre-drinking (10-15 people)?

Dapics wrote: »
    Guess it's luck of the draw then!

Are they sound enough? Are they tolerant of pre-drinking (10-15 people)?

As long as your not loud and are gone by ten thirty

haro124 wrote: »
    As long as your not loud and are gone by ten thirty

Define "Loud" haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Well I'm in house 4 and I'll be one of the RAs this year.. I like to think of myself as a sound guy.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Siobhan13

Looking for a swap from Glenomena to Merville, PM if interested! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Just curious, those who don't have accommodation on campus, what are you planning/have planned?
    I see I may be in a predicament come September :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sean_ros

Thataone wrote: »
    Just curious, those who don't have accommodation on campus, what are you planning/have planned?

Your not the only one! Planning to find a 3/4 bed but there is very little available atm. I'm hoping more places come up this coming week or the following one. What's your plan and where have you been looking?

Sean_ros wrote: »
    Your not the only one! Planning to find a 3/4 bed but there is very little available atm. I'm hoping more places come up this coming week or the following one. What's your plan and where have you been looking?

I've just been looking at things online, such as daft.ie etc but to little avail. Finding people for a share would be ideal though, just getting a suitable house/flat will be hard work :/

I was looking with my friends but that all fell apart :( so now I'm just looking at rooms to let but its not been going great :mad: Not many suitable places and the ones that are go quickly ! Had a viewing for one that was just perfect but they decided to pick someone else:( I was in digs last year and the woman who owns the house texted me offering me a room but I said no :eek: I really regret not taking a room in hers !!! I have a viewing tomorrow in Roebuck Castle estate ( which is like 2 mins from UCD ) and am just praying !

I've just been looking at things online, such as daft.ie etc but to little avail. Finding people for a share would be ideal though, just getting a suitable house/flat will be hard work :/

Ya if you had people to fill a house it would be easier but i'm even finding it hard to get a viewing, everywhere is going quickly :/

haro124 wrote: »
    I was looking with my friends but that all fell apart :( so now I'm just looking at rooms to let but its not been going great :mad: Not many suitable places and the ones that are go quickly ! Had a viewing for one that was just perfect but they decided to pick someone else:( I was in digs last year and the woman who owns the house texted me offering me a room but I said no :eek: I really regret not taking a room in hers !!! I have a viewing tomorrow in Roebuck Castle estate ( which is like 2 mins from UCD ) and am just praying !

What kind of house in Roebuck is is, how many rooms? Places are just being snapped up.

Sean_ros wrote: »
    What kind of house in Roebuck is is, how many rooms? Places are just being snapped up.
    just a house share so theres only one room going ! you basically have to be in Dublin with hours of ads going up !

I even know people who offer to increase the rent of the property if they get it !

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think having enough people to fill a house to begin with is half the battle. It'd be ideal to get a group of 3/4 I suppose but even that's easier said than done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Can someone explain to me the process of first year on-campus accommodation?

I'm placed about 230th on the waiting list and cleared my course requirements by over 100 points so I'm confident I'll get a UCD CAO offer tomorrow morning. I just want to know what I have to do then to choose and accept on-campus accommodation.

Also, in terms of on-campus, which residences are preferred by 1st years? What are the costs involved? I can't seem to find the pricing on the residences website.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me the process of first year on-campus accommodation?

I'm placed about 230th on the waiting list and cleared my course requirements by over 100 points so I'm confident I'll get a UCD CAO offer tomorrow morning. I just want to know what I have to do then to choose and accept on-campus accommodation.

Also, in terms of on-campus, which residences are preferred by 1st years? What are the costs involved? I can't seem to find the pricing on the residences website.

You'll get an email the day the accommodation booking starts (friday???) with info on how to book a room and you have 24 hours to do this. When you go to the actual booking page there'll be a list of all the rooms available to you. You choose whatever and pay a deposit of I think 350.
    Theres no specific residence for first year but I would personally go for Merville or Belgrove - (also be aware that Muckross and Blackrock are off campus)
    The prices are available here:http://www.ucd.ie/residences/residential-services/finance/fees/#d.en.176073

Good Luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

Hey, soon to be first year in UCD. Looking to share with any other first years. Course is radiography. Reply or PM if you are going to UCD and looking to share a house or apartment. 4 or 5 preferably. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciaranhickie

Well then your in the same boat as myself.
    All student accommodation has been filled. You needed to place your name on a waiting list months ago. Im currently looking for roommates and trying to sort a house out so let me know if your interested. Im going into first year science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

Very interested. Looking for a house or appartment sharing? 3 4 or 5 people?

TBH I will take anything to avoid digs.
    Add me on facebook so we can IM. Name is Ciaran Hickie, need to try and get this sorted asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GavisconExtra

In the same position! Won't be getting campus accommodation so ideally would want to find a house with 3 or 4 other people!

Add me on FB and we can get a group chat going.

• Advertisement

There is 3 of us looking for a place. PM me if ur interested.

Advertisement