Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread 13/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 OisinHayes

also interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aguidera2008

also looking for accomadation if anyone knows of any

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciaranhickie

Link me you FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheZooBox

Well folks, heading into first year here. I applied for the waiting list back on the day it opened (think I was around 800). Does anyone know if I'm supposed to have a login username/password as I can't remember for the life of me and don't have an email confirmation, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

You use your ucd account for booking - your login number is your cao number and your password is your date of birth (ddmmyy).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 molly1405

Hi,

I'm an 18 year old female first year student and I am looking to live around the UCD area, preferably Dundrum. Happy to live with males or females and looking for people to share - please pm me if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheZooBox

Ah great, thank you very much indeed!

send us in your facebook names and we can IM.

send us in your facebook links

• Registered Users Posts: 2 molly1405

Hi,

I'm an 18 year old female first year student and I am looking to live around the UCD area, preferably Dundrum. Happy to live with males or females and looking for people to share - please pm me if interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 wildfire1313

3 Final year architecture students, 2 male and 1 female looking for a place close to UCD (Dundrum or Ranelagh/Rathmines if possible!).

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amjdt91

Hi, I have a single room available on the 46A route (near Deansgrange), it'd be only 10 minutes bus from UCD if anyone needs a room! You'd be sharing with two girls in final year. Rent is €515 a month. Reply asap if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

two 18 year old boys looking for someone to share a house with around Ranelagh/rathmines/Donnybrook

I think this is how you go about this sort of thing, clueless tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

18 year old girl headed to UCD. Looking for a room or ideally a group of people to get a house with within a reasonable distance of UCD.

18 year old first year looking for a room close to UCD. anyone have anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 timc91

Hi guys - I'm a 22 year old guy going to UCD for a year from England, looking for accommodation.. If anyone's looking for housemates then drop me a message, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wrecktangle

Hello! Struggling to find somewhere decent on Gumtree/Daft etc.; it seems like older professionals are preferred..
    Is anyone looking for a housemate? I'm a first year arts student who deferred to live in Australia for a year (so I have a reference from my landlord in Melbourne).

Cheers,
    Michaela

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

DaisyFay wrote: »
    You'll get an email the day the accommodation booking starts (friday???) with info on how to book a room and you have 24 hours to do this. When you go to the actual booking page there'll be a list of all the rooms available to you. You choose whatever and pay a deposit of I think 350.
    Theres no specific residence for first year but I would personally go for Merville or Belgrove - (also be aware that Muckross and Blackrock are off campus)
    The prices are available here:http://www.ucd.ie/residences/residential-services/finance/fees/#d.en.176073

Good Luck :)
    Thanks for that link. Hadn't been able to find it myself. Are you likely to get your first choice of residence when you do go to book on Friday or is there a lot competition for places?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZONE

Do you have any advice when booking on campus accommodation? Whether its small things like reloading pages to booking it as soon as you get the mail from UCD? Anything which you would have liked to have known when you first booked!

On their “How to Book a Room” tutorial it says to click on the Campus Facilities tab, but that doesn’t show up when I sign into my SISweb Portal. Will this tab appear when UCD offer me accommodation by email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

Hello! Struggling to find somewhere decent on Gumtree/Daft etc.; it seems like older professionals are preferred..
    Is anyone looking for a housemate? I'm a first year arts student who deferred to live in Australia for a year (so I have a reference from my landlord in Melbourne).

Cheers,
    Michaela

I'm having the same problem. Going into first year and can't find much that accept students. Have few with 2nd year students so it would be good to have a first year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Sean_ros

Hey,

Myself and two other lads are who are all doing our masters in UCD in September are looking for another person to get a house with that would be near UCD. We have a viewing for a 4 bed next week in Clonskeagh and possible another later in the week and want to get something sorted asap.
    If you are interested in teaming up with us, drop me a few lines about yourself and if you'd be free to do viewings. Only looking for a postgraduate student. Thanks.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Thanks for that link. Hadn't been able to find it myself. Are you likely to get your first choice of residence when you do go to book on Friday or is there a lot competition for places?

If you get an offer friday you're most likely to get what you want but try to go as quick as possible cos there'll be loads of people online at the same time, most probably looking for the same residence. Make sure you have bank details ready so that you can pay the deposit straight away after you've picked your room - I didn't get where I wanted last year because of that (note: Merville will be the first to be filled :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mikao

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker but never felt the need to actually ask something. Well, up till now then...

I know it's kinda stupid to ask, but... What's the main difference between Belgrove and Merville? Could you say one of them is better in terms of parties, location, the apartments itself, etc.

And are there any apartments (in both Belgrove and Merville) that are preferable?

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 keltoi93

If you havent had an accommodation offer now you'll likely not be on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZONE

keltoi93 wrote: »
    If you havent had an accommodation offer now you'll likely not be on campus.

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that I am an incoming first year, the offers are out tomorrow and I was just looking for tips on how to get the best accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

Hi,
    Had a bit of a blow out with the on campus accommodation so now i am looking for accomodotion anywhere close to UCD would suit me and il live with anyone. I repeated to get my course i want this badly so if you even know someone that would have a room or anything could you please contact me i am desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Breda_m

Merville house 11 anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurenmc

Hey,
    2 first year UCD students looking to house share in the south side area anything close to UCD really. Trying to find accommodation everywhere and found that a 3-4 bed house works out more affordable than a 2 bed apartment per person. If anyone is looking for a house share or know of any properties please let me know.
    Lauren.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rowan Anderson

Im in same situation. Im going into 1st year in UCD and my friends all got campus accommodation.If anyone has a space available let me know.Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Rowan Anderson

Im going into 1st year of arts in UCD.If anyone has a space available please let me know thanks.

Advertisement