Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread 13/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 D.J. Shore

are ppl who didn't get oncampus accom. looking for digs or are ye just trying to rent a house between ye? Which is more popular/better?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

I'm looking to rent a house between people. Digs requires too much hardship in some cases in regards to "bed-time" and stuff like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 D.J. Shore

haha bedtime, the state ! I'm guessing there's more digs nearby and around the place compared to renting a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hiddenleaf

Two Donegal girls going into first year, looking for accommodation! If anyone needs room mates and has a place close by to the campus, send me a PM please! we're good craic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

so got an apartment on Wellington Road in Ballsbridge, 3 people in 2 big bedrooms, 410 a month each for 9 months. Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Anniiekeane

Isco wrote: »
    so got an apartment on Wellington Road in Ballsbridge, 3 people in 2 big bedrooms, 410 a month each for 9 months. Delighted!

Have u people for other 2 beds ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

Have u people for other 2 beds ?:)

unfortunatly yes! if they melt my head too much I will let you know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aesirus

Looking for 2+ outgoing, non smoking and tidy people to rent a house with. Preferably a mixed group. Rent might be up to 600 euro/month at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ItsDenisBetch

Hi! I'm a first year Arts student who was wondering If anyone in either Merville or Belgrove would be interested into transferring their place for mine.

I'm aware that most undergraduates are very content with their accommodation and I accept that but If there's anyone not wanting to live on the campus anymore, please consider?
    This is my first time away from home so I don't know If I feel comfortable living off-campus. Don't get me wrong, I've heard great things about Blackrock as accommodation & a place to live. This is just my preference.

In particular, maybe a post-graduate who's studying in the blackrock campus?
    Anyway, thank you for reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amylal

hi everyone im just wondering has anyone stayed in blackrock halls before? whats it like? im a first year staying there in sept...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Louise137

Hey. Im a first year physiotherapy student heading to ucd. im looking for a house share with other students. so if anyone has anything available or if people are just trying to team up first please message me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlmondMilk

Female and Heading into first year.
    If anyone has a spare room or two let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 abeershahid

Hi guys,

Muslim male 18 year old going into first year engineering in UCD, looking for a house close to the main campus, budget is flexible, prefer living with fellow muslims and males. If anyone has a a space available please message me, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Im a first year student who will be studying computer science and in need of accommodation. Me and a friend (who is also a first year student) would appreciate it if anyone wanted to join us? We don't currently have accommodation booked but we do have a few three to four bedroom houses shortlisted. Please feel free to PM me for more details if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mikey22

Just wondering who's all staying in Glenomena this year. Leave your house and apartment.

House 3 Apartment 9 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cmcm9513

hi, I'm an 18 year old male going into first year science intending on doing maths and physics. Looking for a house within walking distance of UCD. Badly stuck please message me if anybody has a spare room. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Still no joy on finding an apartment/room. Starting to panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GeorgiaM347

Looks like there's going to be a lot of homeless first years this year haha me being one of them :/

Contemplating pitching a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

The way I got a place very quickly was via "Sharing -> College search". I'd sort all properties by distance to the campus and then hit refresh every 5 minutes (all new properties would appear on top). As soon as good property appeared that was close to the campus and not too expensive, I called straight away.

If you can get them on the phone, you win. Your chances of getting a viewing increase dramatically :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

cmcm9513 wrote: »
    Contemplating pitching a tent.

I'll set mine up next to yours!!

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    I'll set mine up next to yours!!

I'll join the row :)

Thataone wrote: »
    I'll join the row :)

who needs merville ?

cmcm9513 wrote: »
    who needs merville ?

We can start a trend for all the homeless first years!

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    We can start a trend for all the homeless first years!

Definitely! We'd miss out on the ovens though... oh wait, there are none on campus anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anagramish

I'm really stuck for accommodation :/ if anyone has a spare room or wants to club together give me a shout

Gonna post this again, if anyone has a house in mind then I have a group of three girls that are willing to share, preferably in walking distance to UCD or with good bus routes! Budgets of up to €450 a month without bills!

PM if you have anything in mind or a house you wanna go see or ANYTHING AT ALL I NEED SOMEWHERE TO SLEEP. (sorry okay bye)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AislingMon

Okay so I'm a first year UCD student that didn't get campus accommodation and am finding it really hard to find a house or anywhere to live.. Actually it's next to impossible! Has anybody got any suggestions to help me out?
    I was looking at Griffith Halls of Residence and I know it's a good distance from UCD, but could anybody tell me whether that accommodation is worthwhile or not? It'd be great for getting to know people and it's a good enough price but do many UCD students get accommodation so far out or am I crazy? :P

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sean_ros

Homeless boy at the mo :/ Is there anyone who has experience of Dublin and might know if a lot of houses will open up next week that would have leases from Sep 1st? Kinda makes sense to me but god at this rate there's gonna be lots without places to stay. .:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 whateverusay

like a lot of others, i sm also in bad need of somewhere to stay aswell near ucd so if anyone has a spare room or wants to group up, pm me. 1st year vet, male and easy to get along with!

Advertisement