Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread 13/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cmckeon

belgrove house 32 :) appartment 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I'm also looking for a place to stay. PM me if you''ve got anything.

P.S: I didn't think it would be so much hassle getting accomodation :/ .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DanFerry

Homeless at the moment and not having much luck looking for a place to stay near ucd. I'm male and I'm going into 1st year medicine. If anyone has a spare room or you're interested in sharing PM me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mark128

Hey, I'm Mark doing law, politics would be really interested in sharing, have no accom and don't know anyone only one from school going ucd. don't want to be homeless :D and plus train/luas from portlaoise everyday not really appealing! very easy going

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭unfortunately

21 y/o male, 1st year science at UCD here. If anyone is interested in teaming up to look for a place together PM me. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

hi, dont know anything about dublin just wondering say if i was to live on the northside how much would it cost and what bus would bring me as close to ucd as i could! also where would it stop? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IBELONGTOJESUS

Two lads from Galway(18-21) here looking for a place and for housemates...let us know if you have anything or if your interested in teaming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭computer44

First time living away from home, They are a little bit flustered. Imagine if you were 17-18 again.

Do not contemplate going frm the northside to UCD unless you a helicopter. It would take an hour to 75 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Doctor Moose

Hey all,

I'm going into fourth year in UCD, and in need of accommodation. If anyone wants to share or is in need of housemates then let me know! Preferably 3rd,4th,5th years.
    I'm currently in America on a J1 so finding it very hard to search from here!

All suggestions are welcome but I'm trying to find somewhere around 400p/m and don't mind anywhere within a 20 minute cycle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 s_crowley13

Hey guys, male first year engineering student. Badly stuck for accommodation off ucd campus. Anybody looking for a housemate, could you send me a pm? Otherwise I'll stay looking around if anyone wants to team up to look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Louise137

Hey. If your looking for accommodation for next year you should check out this place. i am going to stay at a student apartment on frederick street north. its about a 20 mins bus to ucd so its not ideal but its only like 5 mins walk to o connell street. there are two apartments with 8-10 people in each. its 550 pm single and 400 pppm in the twin rooms. the heating is included but you have to pay your own electricity. every room has its own meter so you only pay for the amount of electricity you use. this is the link on daft http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1373984# its says its for professionals and mature students but they have changed their mind and they only want students now :) ive already put a deposit down so im definitely taking a room. so if your interested you should ring joe @ 0879810183

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SdB95

Hey guys, male first year engineering student. Badly stuck for accommodation off ucd campus. Anybody looking for a housemate, could you send me a pm? Otherwise I'll stay looking around if anyone wants to team up to look?

I'll team up if you're still looking? I'm a first year lad aswell. Just got my course (Actuary & Financial Studies) on 2nd round offers this morning and don't have a clue about accommodation (from Cork). I've had a look around and my brother's been looking for somewhere aswell, but it's so difficult for students to find somewhere anywhere decent.....

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

SdB95 wrote: »
    I'll team up if you're still looking? I'm a first year lad aswell. Just got my course (Actuary & Financial Studies) on 2nd round offers this morning and don't have a clue about accommodation (from Cork). I've had a look around and my brother's been looking for somewhere aswell, but it's so difficult for students to find somewhere anywhere decent.....
    shall I team up also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nkdagg

I could too, if another person wanted! First year computer science, budget around 500 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurenmc

Anybody staying in the Rathfarnham area? Or know the bus routes from there to UCD .. According to maps it's just under 20 mins to UCD. Hope it's not too far

• Registered Users Posts: 40 misstyc

Hi, anyone going to smurfit interested in looking for a place together. Seriously tough trying to find one alone..

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

lukemeany wrote: »
    hi, dont know anything about dublin just wondering say if i was to live on the northside how much would it cost and what bus would bring me as close to ucd as i could! also where would it stop? thanks
    Technically it's doable, and if you're lucky you could save €50-100 on rent depending on the area. But at this time of year you may find yourself competing with TCD/DCU/Pats students anyway, so demand will be high. Plus factor in the cost of bus of €2.40 x 2 per day, and the pain of sitting on a bus for 45-70 minutes. In short, it's unlikely to make sense, unless you already have somebody you can share with at a very low rate.

But if you must, the 46A bus goes from North Circular Rd via Phibsboro and the North City over to UCD front gate every 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fanatec

SdB95 wrote: »
    aarond280 wrote: »
    shall I team up also ?
    nkdagg wrote: »
    I could too, if another person wanted! First year computer science, budget around 500 :)

Hey lads, I am first year engineering student in need of accommodation also. If ye are still looking for a another person I'd team up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rowan Anderson

Im in desperate need of accomodation aswell.Going into 1st year arts.If anybody has anything or is interested in sharing a house please pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dvzeak

Hi there, I will be starting a Masters in UCD soon (9th). Also looking for accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sean_ros

For anyone that may not have accommodation by the end of next week, what is your plan? Digs until you find a place/ house share or just wait til something comes up???

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

Sean_ros wrote: »
    For anyone that may not have accommodation by the end of next week, what is your plan? Digs until you find a place/ house share or just wait til something comes up???
    A lad and myself have teamed up to try find a house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Sean_ros wrote: »

Was thinking about that digs plan but it would seriously annoy the person who's house you were staying in to just jump ship during the semester . That said I really don't want to go in digs this year ! Might commute for the first while till I find something . A 4 hour return commute to come in for a 1 hour lecture on Tuesdays and Thursdays won't be too nice though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

I'm going into 1st year in social science in UCD, anyone with one bed in there house I would be happy to take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Still looking for accomodation :/, I didn't think it would be so tough.

You will be grand. Dublin bus web site and you will get a hang of the buses.

Would not go to UCD coming from the Northside. It would be hell in the morning.

For the priv I would stay near the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eoin.P.C

still looking for a bed, anyone with anything available or want to team up pm me asap please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dvzeak

Hey all. I have been struggling to find accommodation also. I am considering sharing a 2 bed apartment in Bray and using the Dart to commute.
    I am 23 and will be starting a science masters on the 9th. Will finalize curriculum and such (hopefully) on Thursday, and will try sort something out after then.
    Until then, if anyone is interested, PM me!

Advertisement