Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating old furniture

Options
  • 08-07-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any charities in the South Dublin area that will collect old furniture? I have 2 x 2 seater sofas that I could donate but have no means of moving them myself so they have to be collected. They're not worth selling because they're well worn and need a good cleaning, but there are no rips/tears and they are still 'structurally' sound.

I would like to see someone make use of them. Any replies would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I tried this with a couch/fold out bed some time ago and couldn't get anywhere. In the end I got rid of it (within about 8 mins) on gumtree as a free item.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

You're unlikely to get anyone to collect them, especially if they're worn. Tabnabs gumtree suggestion is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Or jumbletown.ie (for free items) or adverts.ie where you might get something like €10 for them - which is better than nothing.

z

Advertisement