Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN Error code - 8002AD23

Options
  • 08-07-2013 2:37pm

Just wondering if anyone could help me with this error code.

I sign into PSN but every time for the last 2 weeks or so I just get signed out of PSN around 10 - 15 mins later.

I was connected through wireless but I brought my PS3 down stairs and connected to the router with a wire but the same thing is still happening.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

I had that a while back. It turned out I had put a fixed IP address on my PS3 network settings and when my wife turned on laptop, with same IP address (by mistake) I got the error.

I would change the IP address on the PS3 to a fixed IP address far out on the IP range. e.g. 192.168.1.255 or similar so that nothing else will have that address. At least when something else decides to connect to the router, it will take the next available address lower down the IP range.

Also, your router will likely be renewing the lease every 15 minutes in your case. Find the lease time in the router main page and put it to longest allowed time. Mine is 3600 seconds on UPC.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply

Just in relation to this

Also, your router will likely be renewing the lease every 15 minutes in your case. Find the lease time in the router main page and put it to longest allowed time. Mine is 3600 seconds on UPC.

I'm hopeless with computers and such. I'm on UPC myself and was just wondering how you do this?

Thanks again for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thanks for the reply

Just in relation to this

I'm hopeless with computers and such. I'm on UPC myself and was just wondering how you do this?

Thanks again for the reply.

Setup tab

LAN IP address management

Lease time - change to 3600 and save

Really appreciate it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eamons85

I seem to be getting theses errors since i got the new Horizon box, i have had nothing but trouble with it sine i got it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement