Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disgruntled Vodafone Customer

• 08-07-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hi, if this is the incorrect forum, please divert me in the right direction !

I recently visited a Vodafone store in Dublins City Centre with my father. He wanted to upgrade to a smart phone, his first smart phone, and he wanted me to assist. We went in to the store and recieved excellent service from the guy in the store, and we eventually decided to upgrade to a Nokia Lumia on a new 24 month contract. Unfortunatley that's were the good news ends. A couple of days later, the phone started causing problem whereby it wouldn't unlock the screen and was causing problems when charging. My father brought it back to a store, and they sent it off for investigation. As much of a pain in the behind as this was, these things happen. He then got a call to say it was returned to the store. He went to collect it and when the guy in the store went to turn it on, it wouldn't work, dead as can be. He tried to charge it and still no joy. So the phone has been sent off again for repair..... my father is fuming at this stage. Surely if it wasn't fixed to date, it's a serious enough problem to warrant a new handset. Where does he stand on this ? Is he entitled to a new handset after such shabby service ? Any help is appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

http://www.consumers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=3

All repairs should be final and resolve the issues.

Also, your phone doesn't sound like it is of merchantable quality, so you should get either a refund or replacement.

Don't let them fob you off with excuses and repeat "repairs".

• Registered Users Posts: 39 maggiemagpie

I had the very same issue with Vodafone store in wilton shopping centre in cork ,my phone was faulty the day I bought it,I got no satisfaction what so ever the <SNIP> head manager would not replace phone all u get is this is the provide ire we have to send phone back , we'll the phone has been back four times and its still faulty I have made dozens of phone calls even wrote to the store and no satisfaction I have threatened them with court but this guy said go ahead ,he says its a Vodafone problem and Vodafone told me its hes problem ,I can't believe that in a recession they treat people like this ,Vodafone are the worst company for after sales service ,and these guys that are working in the stores are a disgrace ,because of this episode with me three of my friends changed to another network and they still didn't give a damn ,my advice is stay away from these <SNIP>

Be careful when sending it off, Vodafone have a tendency to say "It was water damage, nothing we can do".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

For issues like this, get a final response from the store and them proceed to the small claims court.that's what they are there for. Also keep all paperwork from every time it is sent away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Thanks folks, I'll continue to fight them, hoping to call in to the store with my father tomorrow to cause a scene !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Thanks folks, I'll continue to fight them, hoping to call in to the store with my father tomorrow to cause a scene !

I wouldn't be aiming to cause a scene - that doesn't generate any goodwill at all. Keep it calm and remind them that any repair is to be permanent. If it's not permanent, then you are entitled to see a refund or replacement. If they cannot reasonably provide that, tell them you will be proceeding to Small Claims Court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

dudara wrote: »
    I wouldn't be aiming to cause a scene - that doesn't generate any goodwill at all. Keep it calm and remind them that any repair is to be permanent. If it's not permanent, then you are entitled to see a refund or replacement. If they cannot reasonably provide that, tell them you will be proceeding to Small Claims Court.

Definitely good advice. If needed, also printout the Customer Association page, and show it to them.

If they don't assist you quickly, then go straight to small claims court.

Advertisement