Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would the Lough be sunny after 7pm?

Options
  • 08-07-2013 2:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

Thinking of having a picnic there this eve but I don't know if the trees block all the sun or what the shade is like there.

Would there be a nice bits of sunny grass there between 7 & 9pm? Don't know the area too well. Was last there during the winter at 2am with a naggin.

Also is it a good idea to bring a byeor to the Lough for a picnic? :cool:

I want to eat outside in this beautiful weather.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

and who said romance is dead!! should still be pretty sunny yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Thinking of having a picnic there this eve but I don't know if the trees block all the sun or what the shade is like there.

Would there be a nice bits of sunny grass there between 7 & 9pm? Don't know the area too well. Was last there during the winter at 2am with a naggin.

Also is it a good idea to bring a byeor to the Lough for a picnic? :cool:

I want to eat outside in this beautiful weather.

Yup,,plenty room there alright.

Nice gaps between the trees,,and a big enough green area towards the Northern end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Thanks folks.

I forgot to mention I'm a bit of a Cork noob.

Can ye recommend a good eatery that would do a nice picnicy style take away? Something light? Salady perhaps? Something I could pick up around town and then head to the Lough.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

The English Market would be the obvious choice for sandwiches, salads and picnic stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Pitcairn wrote: »
    The English Market would be the obvious choice for sandwiches, salads and picnic stuff.

Thanks but I won't make it in time. It closes at 5 right? I'll be busy with work till 5.30... any other recommendations? Is the salad bar in Tesco any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Don't know about Tesco but there is a Supervalu supermarket about a hundred yards from the Lough. I believe they have a salad bar there.

Advertisement