Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July's "Time to moan about how hot it is" Beers - 3pm, Sat 20th @ Hampstead Heath

Options
  • 08-07-2013 3:11pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The July Beers (Part 1) are happening tomorrow, Saturday 20th. We'll meet between 3 and 3:15pm at Hampstead Heath Overground Station, with the plan being to head up into the Heath itself for a picnic and some beverages. We'll be aiming for a spot between the bottom of the Highgate Ponds and Millfield Lane (see this Google Map), but this may change depending on how busy it is.

If you're coming by Tube, the nearest stops are Hampstead Station and Belsize Park, both on the Northern line. There are planned engineering works disrupting the Overground this weekend, so plan ahead if you're travelling from East London.

As ever, if you haven't been to a Beers before, PM me so we can swap numbers and I'll keep you posted.

After a successful daytime expedition, I'm suggesting we return to evening festivities for the next outing. I'm unsure as to where we should head next - possibly somewhere out west, round Shepherd's Bush? As usual, I'm open to suggestions - please post in the thread below.

In the meantime, here's a poll for the next outing - vote for every date that you can make, and we'll see when suits everyone best.

What dates can you make for the July Beers? 26 votes

Friday 12th
    0%
    Saturday 13th
    7%
    silvervixen84How so Joe 2 votes
    Friday 19th
    7%
    biZrbHow so Joe 2 votes
    Saturday 20th
    19%
    ScarinaeMisticles83steHow so Joespacelucy 5 votes
    Friday 26th
    34%
    ScarinaebiZrbMisticles83steHow so JoeBrianderunnerspacelucyReekwindWoolly_Jumper 9 votes
    Saturday 27th
    7%
    BrokenArrowsZippy1991 2 votes
    Other (please specify in-thread)
    23%
    WodenBrokenArrowssilvervixen84ballsymchughReekwindZippy1991 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Friday 26th
    I think those dates are all one day out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Great. Party for one on a day that doesnt exist. Imaginary beers are all mine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    I think those dates are all one day out?

Well spotted, you win the prize! No I did not make a mistake by misreading the calendar because I was trying to do two things at the same time, shut up shut up shut up

*ahem*

New poll with actual dates to follow shortly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm, today is not going so well with the poll creation...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Fysh wrote: »
    Hmm, today is not going so well with the poll creation...

Still not working so well!!

• Advertisement

Still not working so well!!

Should be fixed now. This is what happens when I try to rush. *sigh*

I'm good for 26th or 27th.

26th Might be slightly better.

So here's an idea - the Camden Roundhouse is bringing back the Camden Beach, as silvervixen84 pointed out, starting on the 27th of July. How about that for a venue?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

So here's an idea - the Camden Roundhouse is bringing back the Camden Beach, as silvervixen84 pointed out, starting on the 27th of July. How about that for a venue?

Yes to this! I discovered it too late last year and would love to check it out. We'd have to get there fairly early though, it gets crammed and you've to queue as they had a 'one in, one out' policy at the time.

Friday 26th

As usual, I will be in Belgium writing about cars going around and round that weekend.

• Advertisement

I'm in Norwich that weekend too, which coincides coincidently with the Alphapapa premiere ;)

Lets rock this beach party with our pasty Irish bodies!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Friday 26th
    I'm at home that weekend. Boourns.

I guess we should probably leave it a few more days, but we're tied at the moment which leads me to the radical suggestion of having an evening time meetup on the 20th and a daytime meetup on the 27th.

Thoughts?

Friday 26th
    I guess we should probably leave it a few more days, but we're tied at the moment which leads me to the radical suggestion of having an evening time meetup on the 20th and a daytime meetup on the 27th.

Thoughts?

Definitely up for evening of the 20th anyway.

Friday 26th
    I approve of the 20th!

Ill be partying hard on the 20th back in Ireland :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Friday 26th
    I can't do the 27th as I'll be in Ireland, however I'd be up for the 20th!

Right, I'm thinking afternoon picnic/knacker drinking in Hampstead Heath on Saturday afternoon - say around 4-5ish.

If you're in, let me know.

Right, I'm thinking afternoon picnic/knacker drinking in Hampstead Heath on Saturday afternoon - say around 4-5ish.

If you're in, let me know.
    Gatecrashing the ladies huh??!
    Actually I think it's a pretty good idea. I'm gonna suggest 3 tho, make the most of the sunshine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Friday 26th
    I'm in.

Friday 26th
    So wait, are there two meetups planned for one weekend?

To quote Bill Bailey in Hot Fuzz, "nobody tells me nuffink!" ;)

Happily it seems that the "Y chromosomes need not attend" meetup is planned for Sunday, so I suppose having a general meetup on Saturday just means two days spent out in the sun having a picnic/beverages for the ladies. :) (I'd suggest a lad's meetup but that'll either end in sports or a strip bar, neither of which hold any appeal for me...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Is that daytime one the 27th so? And is there anything going on on the 20th?

Ro: maaan! wrote: »
    Is that daytime one the 27th so? And is there anything going on on the 20th?

At this point, I'm thinking daytime picnic/knacker drinking for the 20th and the 27th. May as well make the best of the weather while we've got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Sounds good. But can we just drop the facade and take picnic out of the description?

Friday 26th
    I'm in for Saturday - will probably be joining around early evening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Ro: maaan! wrote: »
    Sounds good. But can we just drop the facade and take picnic out of the description?

'all regulars and newbies come to the knacker drinking sesh'

fluke wrote: »
    'all regulars and newbies come to the knacker drinking sesh'

ROLL UP! ROLL UP! Welcome one and all to the Official Boards.ie Getting Langers In The Park Meetup!

No sir, can't see anything there that might be in any way problematic ;)

• Advertisement

I'm well conflustered... so hows about we just all meet up on SATURDAY? Or has this thread not planned for sitting in the park/picnic... there will be a picnic!!!!

Advertisement