Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July's "Time to moan about how hot it is" Beers - 3pm, Sat 20th @ Hampstead Heath

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I'm well conflustered... so hows about we just all meet up on SATURDAY? Or has this thread not planned for sitting in the park/picnic... there will be a picnic!!!!

We're going knacker drinking and hopefully in keeping with that tone of the day we're going streaking! We're going up the quad and to the gymnasium*

*Old School Style

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

fluke wrote: »
    We're going knacker drinking and in the words of and hopefully in keeping with that tone of the day we're going streaking! We're going up the quad and to the gymnasium*

*Old School Style

Dems were good time, up the quad! Schneaky Peach Schnapps and Lilt, the drink of my college Rag week.

I'm bringing bunting, I dont care who says what! I'm picnic-ing the ass outta this skanger drinking sesh.

Dems were good time, up the quad! Schneaky Peach Schnapps and Lilt, the drink of my college Rag week.

I'm bringing bunting, I dont care who says what! I'm picnic-ing the ass outta this skanger drinking sesh.

Wow I was just talking about a film but your college sounds kewl!

Wow I was just talking about a film but your college sounds kewl!

Damn! So you were! Love Old School!

We did have a quad though.. stylish.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Friday 26th
    An FYI for people coming from East London - although Hampstead Heath station itself is open, large parts of the Overground network east of there are closed for some or all of the weekend for engineering work. Details here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=weekend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I suggest we meet outside the Hampstead Heath Overground station between 3 and 3:15 tomorrow afternoon, then head up to the Heath.

For those joining later, give me a shout and I'll provide directions - we'll aim for pretty much the same spot as we went to last month.

As ever, if this is your first time coming along, drop me a PM so we can exchange numbers and I'll keep you posted on any developments.

Great stuff Fysh!
    I shall be there with blankets and bunting!
    Will contact a few people who used to be on boards but arent as active..more the merrier!

Bring your own grub/drinks/suncream/something to sit on if you dont want to risk ants in your pants. There is a Marks and Spencers nearby the station but I imagine it will be jammers!

Bring your own grub/drinks/suncream/something to sit on if you dont want to risk ants in your pants. There is a Marks and Spencers nearby the station but I imagine it will be jammers!

hey hey I ain't sitting on suncream

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

hey hey I ain't sitting on suncream

YOU'LL SIT ON THE SUNCREAM AND LIKE IT!! :mad:

;)

http://www.london24.com/news/blaze_alert_on_hampstead_heath_as_80_000_descend_and_lido_closes_due_to_overcrowding_1_2283437

FYI, no BBQ's please.. and second recommendation for something to sit on; dont want a scorched grass arse for the day :)

• Advertisement

http://www.london24.com/news/blaze_alert_on_hampstead_heath_as_80_000_descend_and_lido_closes_due_to_overcrowding_1_2283437

FYI, no BBQ's please.. and second recommendation for something to sit on; dont want a scorched grass arse for the day :)

Wow the Heath is on fire alert, better pack my super soaker

Wow the Heath is on fire alert, better pack my super soaker

This is going to be one of those "water pistol filled with cheap vodka" fiascos, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Other (please specify in-thread)
    Wait, this is tomorrow? How did that happen?

I'll be there about 16:00-ish. Probably

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

30 degress in Sligo where im at the moment.

And im about to hop on a bus to Galway. They better have air con on the bus!

Reekwind wrote: »
    Wait, this is tomorrow? How did that happen?

I'll be there about 16:00-ish. Probably

Don't fret, the current plan is to do the same thing next weekend. I figure we may as well make hay squirm uncomfortably in the heat while enjoying banter and beverages while the sun shines :)

Fysh wrote: »
    This is going to be one of those "water pistol filled with cheap vodka" fiascos, isn't it?

Dude I'm packing water balloons!

By water I mean Jägerbombs

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

Redirected here from the ladies' meet-up thread, as I said there, I'm a newbie in the city so I'd love to tag along! Unfortunately, I'm working tomorrow morn/afternoon and not sure what time I'll be finished so might not make it. Fysh, going to drop you a PM incase I get away early-ish!

Have we only gone and jinxed the weather by organising this!?? I even made buns!

Have we only gone and jinxed the weather by organising this!?? I even made buns!
    The weather report today predicts that we should have sunshine starting around 2-3 and lasting until 8 or 9, so I say we go for it. If anything the Heath might be less crowded due to the overcast morning, which would suit us :)

Fysh wrote: »
    The weather report today predicts that we should have sunshine starting around 2-3 and lasting until 8 or 9, so I say we go for it. If anything the Heath might be less crowded due to the overcast morning, which would suit us :)

I do like a bit of cloud cover. See ye later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Friday 26th
    Literally seeing this now!!! Currently mapping my way there but need a shower etc first

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

Friday 26th
    Hi running late...might end up getting lost trying to find ye but see ye there!

Ok, we're here by Highgate Pond; if you're looking for us check this Google Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Good lord!!
    Btw I apologise profusely for not taking my cans with me to throw in the bin, and thankful for whoever chucked them out for me. Lovely to meet ye all, new and old!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Friday 26th

Man, I am so disappointed that turned out to be false. :pac:

How so Joe wrote: »
    Man, I am so disappointed that turned out to be false. :pac:

You could always make it true!

I had originally planned a second picnic expedition this weekend; however, the WeatherFolk have advised that it's likely to be A Bit Rubbish, so I'm going to call it off.

August is looking pretty busy for me, so we may not have the next Beers until sometime in September. We'll see how we go, though.

So much for BBC weather. Amazing day so far.
    Anyone fancy a trip out to Ealing Broadway for a few quiet ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement