Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition - No picture from Gaming PC

Options
  • 08-07-2013 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought the HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition (not the Plus model, the regular model) here's my problem.

I'm trying to capture gameplay from my gaming PC and stream it through my laptop, but I'm not getting any picture at all in Hauppauge Capture, or on the TV via pass-through HDMI. Here's how I have everything set up.

I have the PVR 2 connected to my laptop via USB cable, the one supplied with the unit. I have a HDMI cable (again, the one supplied) going from the HDMI out port on the PVR to a HDMI in port on my HDTV. I am on the correct channel.

From my gaming PC, I have a DVI-to HDMI adaptor going from a DVI port on the graphics card, with a HDMI cable going to HDMI in on the PVR 2. I'm using the HDMI cable I got with the PVR.

Here's the specs of my two machines

LAPTOP
    Dual Core CPU 2.2GHz
    Intel Core HD 3000
    Win 7 64 bit
    4GB RAM
    750GB Hard Drive

GAMING PC (Built by me)
    Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 2 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 2600K CPU, at stock clock
    16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz GSkill RipJawsX RAM
    Geforce GTX 560 Ti AMP! Edition from Zotac, with latest 320.49 drivers
    Creative SB X-fi Titanium Fatality Pro sound card

There is one oddity I have found. When I connect my gaming PC directly to TV (no PVR) using the DVI to HDMI adaptor, I get picture and sound, full 1080p. The Nvidia Control Panel reports that my TV supports HDCP.
    However, when I then hook up the PVR, on my gaming PC's second monitor (which is then set as primary display, with the desktop duplicated), the Nvidia Control Panel says that the PVR does NOT support HDCP. I think that's why I'm not getting a picture on the laptop using Happauge Capture - for some reason, the device does not have HDCP.

I have also tried just using the gaming PC alone i.e. connecting the PVR to gaming PC via USB and installing Hauppauge Capture, then rebooting. I still don't get a picture.

UPDATE - When I have the PVR connected to gaming PC via USB, I am now able to get a picture in Hauppauge Capture, I had to go into Nvidia Control Panel and set the output from graphics card to PVR from 59Hz to 60Hz. However, this is useless, as there's a delay. I need to get the HDMI pass through, which still says in Nvidia Control Panel its not HDCP compatible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Did you buy this brand new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Did you buy this brand new.

I did, and I've determined it was faulty, I wasn't getting a picture at all on the pass-through HDMI with anything, so I've RMA'd it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

You determined well , good luck and hope the new one works out well. Noting worse than new stuff out of the box broken.

Advertisement