Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highest Safe Voltage for 4670k

Options
  • 08-07-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to overlcocking, I over clocked my i5-4670k over the weekend which was pretty simple due to the MSI z87 g45 bios. I just wanted to know what voltage not to go over. It is currently running at 4,2ghz with1.140 volts temp are arround 50 while playing planetside 2 maxed out. The cooler i am using is the Dark rock pro 2.

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

There isn't any concrete info yet on whats the max safe volts that i could find.
    Your very safe 1.14 though.

In general you going to be limited by heat before you get close the the voltage limit.

What settings did you change in the bios and what are you using to test stability?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jonno208

game4it70 wrote: »
    There isn't any concrete info yet on whats the max safe volts that i could find.
    Your very safe 1.14 though.

In general you going to be limited by heat before you get close the the voltage limit.

What settings did you change in the bios and what are you using to test stability?

I have set the cpu ratio to 42 and the voltage to 1.140. I am using prime 95 to stress tes, I only ran it for 8 hours since i knew this was a pretty safe oc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

jonno208 wrote: »
    I have set the cpu ratio to 42 and the voltage to 1.140. I am using prime 95 to stress tes, I only ran it for 8 hours since i knew this was a pretty safe oc

If your going for higher you will need to up the vccrin voltage too.

Ring volts will need to be raised to if you raise the uncore/cache/ring.

I have the GD65 so my bios is very similar to yours if you need any help.

Advertisement