Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bath after swimming?

• 08-07-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    with the nice weather Jago really loves swimming!
    Sometimes rivers, sometimes the sea.
    I was washing him with shampoo after every trip to the beach, because it wasn't that often.

sat he was swimming in a river and yesterday in the sea, in the evening I washed him.

Today I was thinking to go again to the beach...
    Should I wash him again???
    Maybe only water?

What do you do with your dogsss?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No need to keep washing him after being in the water. The water will clean him up a bit anyway. Why do you want to wash him anyway each time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

No I don't want to wash him and he doesn't want either :P
    Just wondering about the salted water or stuff like that..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I don't think you need to wash him at all, unless you think he may have been in unclean water.
    I'd imagine the saltwater is great for their skin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

oh ok, nice thanks!!
    Jago will be happy to hear the news!!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I hose my dogs down after being down the beach, or my house looks a beach :D No soap though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

would hose them down with water only. Dont think the salt water is too good for their skin if not washed down afterwards. the salt can cause irritation and dry out their skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Live on the sea next to a river never hosed anyone down (except when one has been rolling in cow sh!t) and coats are wonderful.

No problems with salt water, if anything seems better than fresh water.

Grooming is the only problem, long haired double coated dogs plus sandy beach plus water everyday equals lot of grooming to keep the worst of the tangles and felt at bay.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

eirator wrote: »
    Live on the sea next to a river never hosed anyone down (except when one has been rolling in cow sh!t) and coats are wonderful.

No problems with salt water, if anything seems better than fresh water.

Grooming is the only problem, long haired double coated dogs plus sandy beach plus water everyday equals lot of grooming to keep the worst of the tangles and felt at bay.

Lol, I could have written this post!
    I feel your pain, though it is somewhat compensated for by living beside a beach :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

DBB wrote: »
    Lol, I could have written this post!
    I feel your pain, though it is somewhat compensated for by living beside a beach :-D

One a Czech Wolf dog x long haired GSD, looks wonderful for the public but roll him over and it starts to get embarrassing, just try and do a bit each day.

Trouble is him and his Newfoundland x mate are always "moist".

Advertisement