Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Rugby

Options
  • 08-07-2013 5:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭

I was banned from Rugby because I compared Sexton's missed tackles in the Lions tests 1 and 3 (both resulting in Aussie tries) as tackling like a girl.

This was described by a Mod as trolling

I would like a higher adjudication on this matter.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry for the delay, but I am currently on holiday with limited access

Have you discussed the ban with the mod that banned you? That's the first step to take before starting a thread here. If you cannot reach an amicable agreement with the mod please post back here and one of the Sports CMods will have a look at it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I have discussed it with the Mod that banned me and he's not budging.
    Can you have one of the Sports CMods have a look at it please?

I just feel that it's a very tame post to get banned for.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I'm sure you are aware the Rugby forum often suffers from posters trolling it. When a big event like the Lions tour comes along the forum sees a significant increase in traffic particularly from non-regulars who can often cause problems by winding up others who frequent the forum by comments such as your own.

In this particular case there was a clear warning in the OP which was mentioned in the thread title

You will need to log off to view it, but I repeat it below
    JagerScout wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: It seems people are more interested in being dicks than actually discussing what's at hand. Straight one week bans for anything we consider uncivil. Be mindful of your fellow posters - you have been warned.

You had already picked up a couple of bans in the Rugby forum (even though you have a low post count in the forum) and have an established "record" of trolling across the site.

Hence although looking at the post in isolation the one week ban may look a bit harsh when put in context I am seeing no reason to overturn it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Beasty wrote: »
    As I'm sure you are aware the Rugby forum often suffers from posters trolling it. When a big event like the Lions tour comes along the forum sees a significant increase in traffic particularly from non-regulars who can often cause problems by winding up others who frequent the forum by comments such as your own.

In this particular case there was a clear warning in the OP which was mentioned in the thread title

You will need to log off to view it, but I repeat it below

You had already picked up a couple of bans in the Rugby forum (even though you have a low post count in the forum) and have an established "record" of trolling across the site.

Hence although looking at the post in isolation the one week ban may look a bit harsh when put in context I am seeing no reason to overturn it

When was my last ban from Rugby?
    I'm guessing 2011 (more than 24 months back).

You make up the rules, and my week is nearly up anyway so I'll take it on the chin.
    However, harsh bans like this will hardly entice me to frequent boards if I'm going to be picking up bans for very benign comments.

A lot of Mods cry "attack the post" and not the poster.
    Methinks you should have a look in the mirror when saying this...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

admin

You've picked up 3 bans from Rugby in the space of 26 total posts. That's some good going, even if they've been running in low-tolerance mod due to the Test series.

You have a total of 7 Warnings, 12 Infractions and 12 Forum Bans in your time to date, you're causing work for site volunteers approximately once every 40-odd posts you make. If you didn't have that record, I'd consider overturning this ban in a second. But you do, and it's a clear pattern.

So, please, don't frequent boards if you're going to cause hassle for others. In fact we'll make it easy for you: this is your warning that your next mod warning, infraction, or forum ban will be accompanied with a 1 week siteban. The next ones with increases to 3-, 6-month, and finally a permanent siteban.

If you can keep a clean sheet for 12 months then consider this rescinded, we'll consider anything after that on its merits.

Please don't cause extra work for the volunteer moderators who help keep this site up and running.

Ruling: original ban upheld.

Resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement