Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank transfer

Options
  • 08-07-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

my wife made a €400 bank transfer to me last Thursday
    and it appeared in my account within minutes
    then i proceeded to pay some bills with it esb gas phone etc
    then this morning my wife checked her online account and
    the €400 is still there and says available
    :eek:
    am i
    (A) right in thinking f@@k the bankers with their charges and bailouts and spend our little windfall ?
    or
    (b) try another transfer and see if they make these mistakes often and book a holiday :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

lurkballs wrote: »
    my wife made a €400 bank transfer to me last Thursday
    and it appeared in my account within minutes
    then i proceeded to pay some bills with it esb gas phone etc
    then this morning my wife checked her online account and
    the €400 is still there and says available
    :eek:
    am i
    (A) right in thinking f@@k the bankers with their charges and bailouts and spend our little windfall ?
    or
    (b) try another transfer and see if they make these mistakes often and book a holiday :)

Neither, if you recieved funds then it will be debited from her account. May be some delay in system but you can be sure it will be picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lurkballs

possibly but it happened me years ago i had a direct debit to credit union every week for 30 euro and one week they sent 300 it was never picked up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Sure, spend it

(waits for thread next week complaining that the bank took the money late when it was already spent, and now you have no money)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

sure it's like a loan with no interest

Advertisement