Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 2013 Beta

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

well we know that your xbox live account transfer over to xbox One so I'd assume your gold account might do as well??
    if that's the case simples...buy your codes now and extend your gold account for a few years :)

Or can it???must read up more on it :)

Taken from xbox wiki site

Xbox Live on Xbox One has been confirmed by Microsoft. Your Xbox Live Gold account and Achievements will carry over to Xbox One. Your Gamertag and Avatar will also transfer over. [1]

Xbox Live Arcade purchases will not transfer over, as the Xbox One will not be in any way backwards compatible. However, entertainment content that you've purchased, such as movies, will carry over. [2]

According to Microsoft, "Your Gold account carries over so you will have your Gold on Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One. With Smart Match, Game DVR and New Achievements, we previewed some of the major investments we're making to make the new Xbox Live the best place to play games and enjoy entertainment with your friends online. We will have even more to share in three weeks at E3." [Source: IGN Interview with Microsoft] [3]

"Your current Xbox Live Gamertag will stay with you on Xbox One if you choose to keep it, and your hard-earned Gamerscore and Achievements will indeed carry over from Xbox 360

and some more on it

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-one-will-allow-multiple-users-on-single-xbox-live-membership-22283155/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I blame the internet whiners that have moaned about the points for years.
    They should have spent less time moaning and more time getting cheap points.

You will probably be able to get discounted cards still, but the PSN cards with cash values never seem to have very large discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Seems like a fairly hefty update dowloading right now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Batesy wrote: »
    Seems like a fairly hefty update dowloading right now!!

Anything new ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Nothing as far as I can see. No update notes in the beta tab either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Think that update was just for new apps. E.g Eurosport player, Cnet etc.

Eurosport player, nice!

Do you need a sky account or any other subs to use this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pretty sure there is an annual fee for Eurosport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Eurosport player, nice!

Do you need a sky account or any other subs to use this?
    This doesn't appear to relate to the beta - because there are public sites talking about this (not covered by NDA). There seems to be a £2.99 monthly sub for this.

http://www.techdigest.tv/2013/07/xbox_360_dashbo_2.html

I noticed they have adjusted the pricing on downloads, so 4.99 is now 4.79

Guys can some one else check this for me if possible, been playing Dark Souls using the private chat system under chat and im when you press the guide button as you can't use party chat or it will kick you offline (it's part of the game it's supposed to do that) the game isn't important.

Just want to see if anyone has an issue using the private chat with someone who isn't in the beta, worked fine on my non beta dashboard xbox.

• Advertisement

Beta over , system update is being pushed out now just got it on my other xbox so long ms points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

calex71 wrote: »
    Beta over , system update is being pushed out now just got it on my other xbox so long ms points :(

Is real currency not a more fair system? I'd rather pay 4 quid for one arcade game a year rather than going and spending twenty something to get that one thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CMpunked wrote: »
    Is real currency not a more fair system? I'd rather pay 4 quid for one arcade game a year rather than going and spending twenty something to get that one thing?

The thing was though you could get MSP for well below cost price if you know where to buy from. All that is gone now. There are no more "deals" to be had now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

will it make it tougher to buy from hungary? Think I had around 1700 pts sitting in a bank over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

sweetie wrote: »
    will it make it tougher to buy from hungary? Think I had around 1700 pts sitting in a bank over there?
    It depends - pricing will still be by region (so they may sell games cheaper over there). Although your 1700 point should have changed to between €25 and €30.

If you buy a points card for cheap now (there should still be stock available on most locations), it will convert to the higher price.

e.g. I bought a 2100 MSP card for £17 stg today , and this converted to €25.50 when I redeemed it. (as opposed to the €19 that the current exchange rate would have given me if I was changing cash to go on hols).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It depends - pricing will still be by region (so they may sell games cheaper over there). Although your 1700 point should have changed to between €25 and €30.

If you buy a points card for cheap now (there should still be stock available on most locations), it will convert to the higher price.

e.g. I bought a 2100 MSP card for £17 stg today , and this converted to €25.50 when I redeemed it. (as opposed to the €19 that the current exchange rate would have given me if I was changing cash to go on hols).

thing is though that prices have increased in proportion

eg. 800 point games are now €9.xx
    1200 point games are €14.xx
    1600 points games are €18.xx

so when points based cards are no longer available and local currency ones are the only ones available, you'll be hit with a 30-40% increase in the cost of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

the only thing we can do now is email ms and complain about the change in pricing and hope they listen..more of a rip off from ms I just hope they read and listen to the furore that this is causing.only time will tell.

doing the sums here say you buy a game/dlc that was 1200 points and is now 14.49, it would now consume 1600 points on a 2100 card :mad:

Advertisement