Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing name from partnership

Options
  • 08-07-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

I've registered a business name as a partnership.

But we've put no legal documents etc. in place to officially form the partnership.

We now need to remove a name from the business name listing.

I've looked it up and there's plenty about dissolving a partnership etc., but we never actually legally formed the partnership. At least I assume the few button pressed online didn't constitute a legal formation.

Just wondering how one goes about removing a name from a partnership. I see form RBN3 ceases the business, but really I just want to remove a name.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

All you currently have is a business name. Start a new, properly constituted partnership under the new desired registered business name. QED! As to what the legal position is regarding trading to date, either take legal advice or keep your collective heads down!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You can change the particulars of the partnership using form RBN2A. Filling that in should suffice for what you want to do.

http://www.cro.ie/ena/cro_forms_tt.aspx#faq5

Axwell wrote: »
    You can change the particulars of the partnership using form RBN2A. Filling that in should suffice for what you want to do.

Given that no official partnership exists at present, forming one is a fundamental task that needs to be done now!

He's looking to remove his name from the registered business name documentation. Given he's obviously no longer involved and looking to leave I doubt he has any concern with the formation of one. That falls on the remaining members of the partnership once he updates the particulars with the CRO.

He never mentions it is he who is leaving the current setup in the post!

• Advertisement

Either way he's asking about removing a name, not forming a partnership. The answer to what was asked is to submit the change of particulars form.

He states quite clearly that the partnership was never legally formed in the first instance, only a business name was registered.

FewFew wrote: »
    I've registered a business name as a partnership.

But we've put no legal documents etc. in place to officially form the partnership.

We now need to remove a name from the business name listing.

I've looked it up and there's plenty about dissolving a partnership etc., but we never actually legally formed the partnership. At least I assume the few button pressed online didn't constitute a legal formation.

Just wondering how one goes about removing a name from a partnership. I see form RBN3 ceases the business, but really I just want to remove a name.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Peter he clearly asks how to remove the persons name from the business name listing, those are the records held with the CRO and they exist whether it was legally formed or not since it was a registered business name.

You can keep posting and arguing all you like but I am done trying to convince you. You have a habit or arguing a point on posts to the stage where I have pmmed you about it before. The OP has two options given to him in the replies here now, they can decide themselves which they were looking to do and follow through with it as they wish. As it happens I know the person posting so I am quite certain on what he is looking to do and that the form I linked to is the answer but they can decide for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

He's looking to remove his name from the registered business name documentation. Given he's obviously no longer involved and looking to leave I doubt he has any concern with the formation of one. That falls on the remaining members of the partnership once he updates the particulars with the CRO.

The first answered my question and yes, the second is a correct assumption.

Many thanks

Advertisement