Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a business+enterprise board

Options
  • 08-07-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all!! I am at a stage where I believe the best thing to do is to set up my own company... I was hoping to call into the local Enterprise board for a chat, advice and maybe to see if there is any assistance I could get. But I was just wondering do you have to be unemployed/on social welfare to receive help be it advice or financial?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jolou86 wrote: »
    Hi all!! I am at a stage where I believe the best thing to do is to set up my own company... I was hoping to call into the local Enterprise board for a chat, advice and maybe to see if there is any assistance I could get. But I was just wondering do you have to be unemployed/on social welfare to receive help be it advice or financial?

No you don't. Best thing to do is go in give them all the info on your situation and they will hopefully give you any relevant information. Maybe contact the social welfare office to see if there are any benefits there you are entitled to before you start too to help tide you over until the company is turning over enough to pay yourself a proper wage. I went to citizens information to ask if there were any supports and was told nope nothing at all no one will help you in anyway which obviously isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jolou86

thanks a million, really nice to get some useful advice!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

No problem. Only started a company recently so had to find out all the info myself! As I say I made the mistake of just going to Citizens Information initially but go to everyone! Someone will help.

Advertisement