Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Buyer: Still waiting for response to queries from management compamny

Options
  • 08-07-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I'm a first time buyer of a flat in Dublin. Things have slowly progressed - over the coarse of the last 5 months - to the point where I'm nearly ready to sign. My solicitor has the contracts, the survey has been completed without issues, my solicitor is just waiting for a response from the management company regarding queries.

We've been waiting over 3 weeks now, and still nothing. My solicitor said that they usually prepare typical responses and paperwork preemptively when a property goes on the market. My solicitor wrote to them again last week but has heard nothing back. I've been trying to contact the agent - of a rather well known agency in Dublin - to help chase it up for the past week, but he has been 'out of the office'.

Any recommendations as to what I should do? Is it worth me trying to contact the management company directly? I would like to sign and complete the sale ASAP as my mortgage offer is expiring soon and I'm currently living in temporary accommodation (I was hoping to have everything done by the middle of June originally) and will have to move out in a few weeks.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭Bluegrass1

thelucster wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is it worth me trying to contact the management company directly?
    Thanks for your help!

Do everything through your solicitor. You will only cause yourself a lot of trouble trying to get involved yourself. Many management companies are very slow because they are staffed by volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Bluegrass1 wrote: »
    Do everything through your solicitor. You will only cause yourself a lot of trouble trying to get involved yourself. Many management companies are very slow because they are staffed by volunteers.

The directors are generally always volunteers! Agree I would get the solicitor to push on this. The info you are waiting on is the standard MUD act/req.37 responses I assume. Should be fairly standard stuff. As long as any past fee's have been paid by the seller then there should be no real delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Lantus wrote: »
    The directors are generally always volunteers! Agree I would get the solicitor to push on this. The info you are waiting on is the standard MUD act/req.37 responses I assume. Should be fairly standard stuff. As long as any past fee's have been paid by the seller then there should be no real delay.
    Volunteers, who may be well be on holidays. It's the time of year, a key Director who needs to sign off may be out of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

Lantus wrote: »

Thats good advice. Be sure that any outstanding management fees have been piad because
    1. the seller is responsible for them
    2. The level of outstanding management fees is a good indication of how well the complex is being managed or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

thelucster wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any recommendations as to what I should do? Is it worth me trying to contact the management company directly? I would like to sign and complete the sale ASAP as my mortgage offer is expiring soon and I'm currently living in temporary accommodation (I was hoping to have everything done by the middle of June originally) and will have to move out in a few weeks.

Thanks for your help!

Leave it all to your solicitor, you will only cause confusion and end up working at cross purposes if you go ahead and contact them yourself. Your Solicitor wants the sale closed as quickly as possible just as much as you. Don't worry too much about your Mortgage offer expiring, unless your circumstances have changed they will extend it or renew it particularly as you are in the conveyancing process.

Best of Luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 joe Lenihan

Have a look at the Management Company on www.cro.ie and see are they in business. Who are they anyhow

Advertisement