Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English MP's To Get £10'000 A Year Increase..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Feck that !! I'm already shelling out for the Irish ones.

We should be on the streets protesting etc etc etc etc .........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

This isn't England

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The average MP will still make less than the average TD after the increase, so I'd say your anger is misplaced tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Desperate attempt to get a Brit thread onto front page of AH! Only about another 20k a year until they catch the teachers and farmers in de Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

The average MP will still make less than the average TD after the increase, so I'd say your anger is misplaced tbh!

Two wrongs don't make a right..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

3 lefts make a right

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've enough to be worrying about than what military police earn in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

foxy06 wrote: »
    This isn't England

THIS IS SPARTA!

3 lefts make a right

I would have thought that thee lefts eventually make a circle.

Some kind of C shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No but look at it this way, on average each MP represents about 90,000 constituents. Each of our TDs only represent an average of around 30,000, yet they make far more, are entitled to vastly greater expense allowances and get a bonus for being super-sound and actually turning up at work to do the job they're paid to do. An effing bonus!... can you imagine being offered a bonus just for turning up at work when you're expected to?!

I'm no maths genius but something doesn't add up there. What is a fair salary in your view? Imo, the English system seems a lot more in touch with reality than our own.

No but look at it this way, on average each MP represents about 90,000 constituents. Each of our TDs only represent an average of around 30,000, yet they make far more, are entitled to vastly greater expense allowances and get a bonus for being super-sound and actually turning up at work to do the job they're paid to do. An effing bonus!... can you imagine being offered a bonus just for turning up at work when you're expected to?!

I'm no maths genius but something doesn't add up there. What is a fair salary in your view? Imo, the English system seems a lot more in touch with reality than our own.

I completely understand what you're saying, and agree with it.

I'm just saying there are 650 MP's in Westminster, £10K each comes to £6,500,000 a year.

This is all whilst cretins like Iain Duncan Smith says people should have no problem living on £53 a week.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/01/iain-duncan-smith-live-benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just the English MPs? Not the ones from Wales, Scotland, or the North? That's going to go down well in Edinburgh ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

nah, one very long Left makes a circle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

3 lefts make a right
    Some kind of C shape.
    nah, one very long Left makes a circle

This is shaping up to be a riveting thread - can someone please re-name the thread 'The Right Way to Make a Left-Sided Circle'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Look at what happens to MP's caught fiddling expenses.

Could you ever imagine that sort of accountability here ?

This is shaping up to be a riveting thread - can someone please re-name the thread 'The Right Way to Make a Left-Sided Circle'.

You know you can make a Right-Sided Circle too ya?

Left or right, neither is wrong or right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Don't you mean British MP's, the English still haven't grown a pair and thrown off their British oppressors ;)

Advertisement