Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should managers be sacked if their team is relegated?

• 08-07-2013 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Question in the thread title.

Should managers be sacked if their team is relegated? 4 votes

Yes, for all teams
    0%
    Yes for big teams, like United, Chelsea, Real, etc (teams to be determined)
    25%
    Techniques07 1 vote
    No, not at all
    75%
    Doctor_Socksskeleton_boysaintsaltynuts 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No.

The punishment for being relegated is being relegated. That will already likely cause many to simply stop playing in itself. If you strip people of teams, I would imagine many would simply stop playing altogether as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

No for me too,

Posted my thoughts already in the main thread.

I'd be off myself if it happened to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

sacking managers based their teams vs their position?!

No thanks, so should a team rated 92-3 that finishes 17 have the manager sacked? Or just those in 18-19-20 position, what about freshly promoted teams going straigt back down? Wen is a team a big team? A team might end the season rated 94 but might have started rated 90, does that team deserve to loose the mgr?
    How long do you have to be in charge to be considered to have had a fair chance to turn your club around ....

To many variables for me, it i a game after all - no on the sacking for me - 'big team' managers that grt relegated might loose interest and teams might become avail anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    sacking managers based their teams vs their position?!

No thanks, so should a team rated 92-3 that finishes 17 have the manager sacked? Or just those in 18-19-20 position, what about freshly promoted teams going straigt back down? Wen is a team a big team? A team might end the season rated 94 but might have started rated 90, does that team deserve to loose the mgr?
    How long do you have to be in charge to be considered to have had a fair chance to turn your club around ....

To many variables for me, it i a game after all - no on the sacking for me - 'big team' managers that grt relegated might loose interest and teams might become avail anyway

Yes exactly what constitutes a big team?Say if Lyon for example signed Rues Neymar Lewandowski Fred Strootman all when they were 88 rated and at the end of the season there all 90 + players.Is he a managing a big club then even tho he built the team?

Advertisement