Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advise, drink and drive

Options
  • 08-07-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys.
    I was arrested by Garda when I been drunk. Its first time in 4 yrs when driving in Ireland. I have full EU driving licence 9yrs.
    I'm not sure did I any crashes or not.
    I know that my car somewhere in Naas, but not in main Garda station. Have to collect my car. Does anybody know address and opening time? How much per day I have to pay.

I very need my driving licence. Any Ideas how can I hold them?
    I did not receive yet any penalties and invite to the court.

Thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

uzver wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    I was arrested by Garda when I been drunk. Its first time in 4 yrs when driving in Ireland. I have full EU driving licence 9yrs.
    I know that my car somewhere in Naas, but not in main Garda station. Have to collect my car. Does anybody know address and opening time? How much per day I have to pay.

Thanx

No

You are an idiot i hope you lose your licence forever as you do not deserve to be allowed to drive :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Hi guys.

Thanx

Ive read this a few times now and have to ask. Are you still drunk?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Hi guys.

Thanx

How drunk were you that you can't even remember if you had an accident or not?

Do you mean its your first time drink driving, or your first time being caught?

Your licence will be gone for two years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

They are probably investigating all the damage that you have caused and they will be in touch when they want to add more charges to your drink driving charge. At the very least you will be losing your license and getting hundreds, maybe thousands in fines.

Depending on how much damage you have done, if you have crashed the car, injured someone or even killed someone; you could be facing the rest of your life in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 uzver

Ive read this a few times now and have to ask. Are you still drunk?

not drunk.. Don't worry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I think you may regret starting this thread OP...

How drunk were you that you can't even remember if you had an accident or not?

Do you mean its your first time drink driving, or your first time being caught?

Your licence will be gone for two years!

First time being caught, and first time drink driving.

First time being caught, and first time drink driving.

Well, I'm sure if you tell the judge that, you'll be grand.

Anybody know how to do 'rolleyes' on a phone...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

endacl wrote: »

Find a post with it in it. Press "reply" and youll see it written in the quote above what youre writing. For example :
    :mad:
    See how that face looks when you quote it!

I promise, I Will!
    I know I'm guilty. It was my big mistake...i broke with GF was not happy after that..

• Advertisement

I promise, I Will!
    I know I'm guilty. It was my big mistake...i broke with GF was not happy after that..

Ah well, in that case it was hardly a crime at all! Will your ex GF appear in court? To testify that you broke up? Irish judges go really easy on drink driving! Once you have a good excuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I promise, I Will!

Yeah well, not being able to control your emotions has just cost you your driving license for a few years. You'll have to cope with whatever comes with that. If you need it for work, you have probably lost your job.

No way that you won't be banned, but that may be the least of your worries depending on how badly drunk you were and whatever accidents you may have caused.

Ah well, in that case it was hardly a crime at all! Will your ex GF appear in court? To testify that you broke up? Irish judges go really easy on drink driving! Once you have a good excuse!
    What kind of good excuse?

That's your problem. There is no good excuse for drink driving.

At this stage I am thinking you are trolling here?

If not, there are none. Your license is gone, no driving for 2 years. There is no excuse and if you start to try and justify it in front of the judge you will make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Obvious troll is obvious

what about address where can collect my car?

Just by the troll bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Call the Garda and ask.

/End thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

A lot of time they bring them to Kingswood Cross, Citywest (just off the N7)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement