Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips? hot weather and car

• 08-07-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have to take my elderly girl dog to the vet tomorrow - she's on meds but they aren't suiting her and is having a tough time of it. The vet said to watch her overnight and bring her in first thing if she hasn't improved.

The problem is the hot weather makes the car journey (20mins there + back) very uncomfortable for her. Has anyone any tips on keeping her cool for the journey as aircon is poor, and even windows down is still super hot. It was 25c here this am.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Besides leave your car parked with the windows open for a while before driving? Maybe get somebody to sit in the car while you wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Can you put a waterproof cover on the seat, then a few damp towels for her to lie on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Have a little blind on the widow side where she sits like the ones for kids to block out sun. A cooler blanket might help. Have some windows open and air condition on too if v warm. Maybe have car doors and windows open before journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Whispered wrote: »
    Can you put a waterproof cover on the seat, then a few damp towels for her to lie on.

Thanks whispered thats a good idea - the car is in the garage overnight so hopefully that'll cool it down too. Forgot to put it in last night and even i felt sick in the heat of it today. It's just she's so poorly I don't want to stress her even more but it looks at this moment she'll need to see the vet again.

Advertisement