Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama class

• 08-07-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for a bit of advice please. My sons teacher asked to speak with me just before the school finished for the summer(he is finished now and going into secondary school in September).Anyway the teacher said that over all her years of teaching she had rarely came across a child so naturally talented for drama.
    She advised me that I should get him into acting. I don’t know were to start so I thought I would start here and let the good folks of boards advise me on were to go or what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Hi looking for a bit of advice please. My sons teacher asked to speak with me just before the school finished for the summer(he is finished now and going into secondary school in September).Anyway the teacher said that over all her years of teaching she had rarely came across a child so naturally talented for drama.
    She advised me that I should get him into acting. I don’t know were to start so I thought I would start here and let the good folks of boards advise me on were to go or what to do.

Look into "youth theatre", normally theres 1 in each county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Power Drama School

If you're living in Dublin I would recommend Dublin Youth Theatre. If outside perhaps contact NAYD for further information on your nearest Youth Theatre Group. You could also check out Drama Groups. Most groups have websites now so try a search in your nearest town.

Advertisement