Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to live in Dublin for couple in early 30s

Options
  • 08-07-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everybody!
    We are a couple in our early 30's both working and no kids yet (but we are planning one for next year). We are searching for a 2 bed apartment that suits us both. My husband works in city center (near trinity college) and uses public transports and I work in Inchicore and use a car. Our maximum is 1200/month. I've searched a lot in the forum but most of the nice areas have old houses and we would like a more modern flat. Another issue we have is regarding traffic, I need to be at work at 8.15 and I have no idea about traffic in Dublin. It would be great if the place has amenities (supermarket, some shops, gym nearby) but we don´t mind with night life.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭miss flutter ups

Hi there

I'm living in finglas Dublin 11, just off exit 5 on the m50. It's a really nice newish area and has Charlestown sc with hairdressers/barbers/dunnes/heatons/aldi/lidl and plenty of butchers. A couple of restaurants and a couple of pubs.

There's a new cinema beside KFC and McDonald's opening soon. There's a couple of gyms too. Jo Dunne and premier fitness.

Most complexes have green areas and playgrounds and these are kept immaculate.

It's about 25mins to college green by bus. The bus service is pretty decent too. I'm renting a two bed apt atm, 900 p/m which isn't too bad compared to elsewhere.

Just to add it's 5 mins by car to IKEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cpf

Thanks Miss flutter ups.
    Do you think it's handy for me? I need to drive to Inchicore to work and I'm worried about the traffic. I saw that Finlgas is in north side and Inchicore is D8...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Metar

Another option location wise could by HSQ complex up near Heuston station. Newish complex of apartments - don't know how much rent would be, but beside the Luas for getting near Trinity or there is a bus that goes that way. Very close to Inchicore for your commute. There is a Superquinn in the complex and some small shops. Not near night life though - as you would have to travel into city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

KIlmainham Square, Clancy Quay and Heuston South Quarter are the three developments of modern apartments that seem to suit you best. Clancy Quay might not have an onsite shop.

Thanks Metar and Marcusm, I know those complexes quite well and they were my first options but the price is a problem... 1400/month is too much for us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Bellevue, in Islandbridge, is one of the most beautiful developments in Dublin....just by the weir on the liffey, beside memorial park and Phoenix park....and handy for work. But what you get in open space and parkland on your doorstep, you pay for in a lack of amenities. Nearest shops are 5 minute walk away in kilmainham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

I would highly recommend Chapelizod.
    Close enough to walk to Inchicore and great bus route to town.
    Phoenix Park your back lawn.!
    Worth a look. Lovely little village.

Grandpa Hassan,
    Thanks! Bellevue is great, but it's not easy to let. Everybody wants them, but I'm keeping an eye on them!
    W123-80's Chapelizod I have no idea where it is, I'm going to search it! Thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Rathmines hits all your requests. Simple commute to TCD and Inchicore in the morning. Gyms, shops, restaurants etc all nearby.

Advertisement