Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New box beside Eircom RSU in village

• 08-07-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Just noticed in my village there is a new green box right beside the RSU/exchange in my village networkforbes. This for fibre? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Nolars wrote: »

If it does could you map it please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Yes it looks like this. My number doesn't go through as being fibre enabled though. But this was only installed in the last week or two...

I'll map it.

Xcellor wrote: »
    Yes it looks like this. My number doesn't go through as being fibre enabled though. But this was only installed in the last week or two...

I'll map it.

It'll take a while to be commissioned and go through to retail and then to be notified to all the other operators and as far as I can see they launch cabinets in tranches...so it'll be a while:)

Thanks for plotting it

The coordinates are 53.764034,-7.835658 I'm having issues adding.
    This is the Newtownforbes RSU (Co Longford)

• Advertisement

I notice on the eircom map the area is now in green suggesting fibre is already available... The thought of 70 mb broadband is delicious.

Xcellor wrote: »
    The coordinates are 53.764034,-7.835658 I'm having issues adding.
    This is the Newtownforbes RSU (Co Longford)

There are 2 cabinets in the village according to eircom, those coordinates are inbetween both(I'd suggest your coordinates are correct), would it be possible for you to verify both? If so they can then be added to the map...thanks

Yes there are two cabinets now. The second was added in the last few weeks.

Just to update...

Still not able to order the fibre even though new box is installed.

Eircom retail were not able to provide any indication as to when this will change :/ Even though the box is in place and the info on their site says this area is enabled.

The RSU down the road near Argos has also had a new fbire box put beside that and I tried a number of a local business there and its coming through fibre enabled.

I contacted Eircom wholesale to query and they are currently looking into it.

I'm thinking someone just forgot to update ordering system... There is an area in Longford town called Newtownforbes so perhaps it was confused with that.

Advertisement