Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SIM unlock, iOS 7 Beta 3

• 08-07-2013 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Weird issue with my iPhone since upgrading to beta 3 earlier. SIM is locked but my iPhone 5 will not prompt me to unlock it, no matter what I try. If I make a call, it immediately ends the call.

SIM locked status in the top left

Any advice please? Rebooted and toggled airplane mode countless times

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Go to settings-phone-sim pin and you should be able to enter it there

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NielsjeNL

I can confirm that the dialog for unlocking the sim is not popping up. I also cannot unlock my phone in the settings. Anybody know anything? I upgraded with good expectations but if I can't call tomorrow I'm screwed. iPhone 4S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I'm pretty sure I saw earlier on macrumors or appleinsider that someone had a similar problem and solved at by popping out the SIM and reinserting it while the phone was on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I'm pretty sure I saw earlier on macrumors or appleinsider that someone had a similar problem and solved at by popping out the SIM and reinserting it while the phone was on

Was just about to reply, with the phone unlocked I did this and it worked! Don't lock the phone, it probably won't prompt after sliding

Carry a paperclip!! :)

Went to settings and PIN was greyed out
    but at least I have some form of workaround!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I just turned my phone off and on. Git a prompt for code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I had this problem yesterday.

After upgrading your not prompted to unlock the sim. You used to be able to try to make a call in Beta 2 and it would ask you to unlock but this doesn't work in Beta 3. Going into settings and trying to change the sim pin also doesn't work as it's disabled. I spent 20 minutes in settings, restarting the phone and various other things trying to unlock the sim card. Removing the unlock code doesn't help either.

The way I managed to unlock it was while the phone is on remove the sim. After a few seconds a message pops up saying the sim is removed. DO NOT PRESS OK TO REMOVE THE WARNING. Insert the sim back into the phone and the warning message changes to an unlock option.

I had posted the problem in the iOS 7 Beta thread yesterday
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85438819&postcount=386

• Registered Users Posts: 1 phobosman

Same problem but I found a solution!

First I did the OTA update, could not unlock the sim (unless I popped the sim card out)

Then I did a DFU restore to ios 7 beta 3, now I get the unlock sim popup every time the phone is restarted.

Advertisement