Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking change of address

Options
  • 08-07-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a question regarding changing your address with banks. I changed my address to my current address. Is it however possible to get a bank statement from before the change with the old address on it? I want to use it as a form of proof of address for my previous residency.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Nope, not unless you have one from before you changed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You want proof of address for an address you no longer live at?

Sounds legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭kilkenny_d

Thanks for the response. I thought as much.

I am applying for a grant for continuing on to a masters degree. As a result I have to show evidence of where I lived in October 2011 so yes it is legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

kilkenny_d wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. I thought as much.

I am applying for a grant for continuing on to a masters degree. As a result I have to show evidence of where I lived in October 2011 so yes it is legit.

Well ask the bank for a copy of the statement you were sent in Oct 2011, as proof of address at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

3DataModem wrote: »
    Well ask the bank for a copy of the statement you were sent in Oct 2011, as proof of address at that time.

This won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

3DataModem wrote: »

This may work. Ask for a duplicate statement from whatever date you want, but only ask for the first page of the statement as there is a charge per page and your address may not be on all the pages after the first page. This would work for an AIB account, unless they've changed their system recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

roro2 wrote: »
    This may work. Ask for a duplicate statement from whatever date you want, but only ask for the first page of the statement as there is a charge per page and your address may not be on all the pages after the first page. This would work for an AIB account, unless they've changed their system recently.

It will be a duplicate statement of the dates requested with the current system address on it.

Advertisement