Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glow in the dark dog collars &leads

• 08-07-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Firstly if mods not happy with thread feel free to bin...not advertising but asking opinion

A mate of mine bought the world of glow in the dark dog collars and a few leads

He hasnt been able to sell many but as a pet owner i thought they were great.i thought he just didnt know how to sell them as he wasnt a pet owner and not going about it right

He is thinking of selling them all in bulk and i was thinking aboutvtaking them

Do you think i could sell them..i dont see them in pet shops or in any parks.have you seen them or what you think of the idea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

Specialun wrote: »
    Firstly if mods not happy with thread feel free to bin...not advertising but asking opinion

A mate of mine bought the world of glow in the dark dog collars and a few leads

He hasnt been able to sell many but as a pet owner i thought they were great.i thought he just didnt know how to sell them as he wasnt a pet owner and not going about it right

He is thinking of selling them all in bulk and i was thinking aboutvtaking them

Do you think i could sell them..i dont see them in pet shops or in any parks.have you seen them or what you think of the idea

Funny you mention that, im planning on buying one for the winter..my dogs jet black all over and hes a bugger to see in the dark..and ill be walking him on a winters night in some pretty dark unlit spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

I have been on the lookout for glow in the dark stuff for my dog also. She's black too, and I can't see her at night if she wanders more than a few yards away.
    Also, she spends time at my mother's when I'm away, and my mother has very poor eyesight, so Hi-Vis stuff is a must, particularly in winter.
    Reflective and Hi-Vis is all very well, but glow in the dark would be excellent.
    I'd love a glow in the dark ball too, have lost soooo many!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

have been putting 'glow in the dark' armbands (human ones!) round my dogs necks (over their collars) when I bring them walking in the dark, or on our dark winter morning walks. Would buy them if I saw them on sale....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Try ebay?

For info:
    The €2 shops sells hi-viz jackets for dogs - S to Xl. I've seen them in stock last week.

I've seen light up collars in the Great Outdoors on Chatham street. They are water resistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I've several little very bright flashing led's that I can clip onto their collars definitely usefull on those country lanes come winter time.
    I'd say there's a market for them but have a good look on Ebay, wouldn't imagine there's much margin to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ive seen people using the little led hi vis velcro wraps that they sell in LIDL from time to time for joggers or cyclists on dogs collars or jackets. Its a great idea. Much safer for the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Thanks guys

The ones i was thinking about were collars with a switch thing which havs two settings. A flashing light and a static one.thinking around the 12euro price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Thanks guys

The ones i was thinking about were collars with a switch thing which havs two settings. A flashing light and a static one.thinking around the 12euro price

You mean 12 euro each?!! :eek:

They would want to be some really fancy ones :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-6-Colors-Adjustable-Pet-Dog-Cat-LED-Light-Up-Nylon-Safety-Flashing-Collar-/290768246162?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Steamers_Cookers_PP&var=&hash=item43b3235592

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cute-Dog-Cat-Pets-LED-Flash-Safety-Collar-Belt-Ideal-Night-Walking-Hi-Visibility-/370818843258?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Steamers_Cookers_PP&var=&hash=item565686827a

No offence but I can't see you selling many at that price, unless you're aiming at the (rapidly shrinking) non Ebay/Amazon/Internet savvy market segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

wexie wrote: »

Good point.i was thinking that figure as i wanted to give around 25% to dog charities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

You'd be hard pushed to make much profit on them. As already stated euro shops have a few bits as well as Lidl's LED armbands which is what I use on my dogs. They only pet a fiver of memory serves right, E7 at a push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Thanks guys

I'd pay that if they were water resistant - and I'd probably pay that even if they weren't !!! I find the clip on human / bike ones tend to swing under the dog so I use two - id be happier with a collar that could be seen from all angles. Sounds like a great idea to me. I've seen a dog ( well - its neck!) galloping around the field at night with one on - they got it in the states & it looks amazing - like something you'd use in a club in Ibiza - but I've been on the look out and never see them here.

Great idea .

Advertisement