Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was temperature clonmel 8 july

Options
  • 08-07-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Was in Clonmel today 8 July . Does anyone know what the temperature in Clonmel hit? is there somewhere you can look back at temps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/clonmel/211368/hourly-weather-forecast/211368

Scroll down to Temp History.. reckons it was a high of 27 degrees today.. felt hotter than that!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

It said 31 in my car,and passing the garage on the bypass,across from race course,it said 30....I was a small bit warm today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Was 31 out in Carrigeen in mates car at about 5pm - felt even warmer and just heading out for walk on the racecourse shortly!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 14,686 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

DT100 wrote: »
    It said 31 in my car,and passing the garage on the bypass,across from race course,it said 30....I was a small bit warm today:D
    jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Was 31 out in Carrigeen in mates car at about 5pm - felt even warmer and just heading out for walk on the racecourse shortly!

Brgds
    Johnny

Cars measure the temperature of the tarmac, therefore it will be a bit higher than air temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

callaway92 wrote: »
    Cars measure the temperature of the tarmac, therefore it will be a bit higher than air temperature.
    No, they measure the air temperature. I can tell you that today at 13:40 the road temperature at the weather station on the bypass was 53 degrees centigrade:eek: (via this handy feature).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

The temperate taken by websites and meteorologists is the temperature in the shade not in the sunshine where it may be warmer. Same in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

varberg wrote: »
    The temperate taken by websites and meteorologists is the temperature in the shade not in the sunshine where it may be warmer. Same in winter.
    31 in shade, need to keep out of shade

Advertisement