Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hundreds of green fly in my house

• 08-07-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I've searched the Internet for this but seem to have a rare occurrence.

My neighbour's trees (both sides) were encroaching over my garden so tonight I decided to take action and chop down any branches that were "trespassing".

After I did this I had to bring all the leafy branches through the house to dispose of them out front. In this process it would appear that at least 2 hundred greenfly decided to take residence on my ceiling.

Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

I'd suggest that there is not a lot that you can do, they will die pretty quickly in the house and will disappear quickly. Next time you vacuum you will collect up any remnants. The branches that you brought through the house were probably sycamore which is usually covered with greenfly in the summer. Next time you are chopping wait until the leaves are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

I'd suggest that there is not a lot that you can do, they will die pretty quickly in the house and will disappear quickly. Next time you vacuum you will collect up any remnants. The branches that you brought through the house were probably sycamore which is usually covered with greenfly in the summer. Next time you are chopping wait until the leaves are gone.

Thanks. Lesson learnt! The problem was these trees were making so much shade in this lovely weather they had to go!

Ps. Great idea re:the vacuum!

Advertisement