Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer of Arcade 2013

• 08-07-2013 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Dates and prices

Brothers: a Tale of two Sons - August 7th - 1200 MSP
    Charlie Murder - August 14th - 800 MSP
    Flashback - August 21st - 800 MSP
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - August 28th - 1200 MSP

No duck tales??????? Guess it's coming sooner so as the achievementsw have been listed as of last week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah and instead of the usual 'buy all four and get the price of one in MS points' deal it's buy two and get a souls pack for the free game Ascend: Hand of Kul which is apparently going to be a free game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Yeah and instead of the usual 'buy all four and get the price of one in MS points' deal it's buy two and get a souls pack for the free game Ascend: Hand of Kul which is apparently going to be a free game.

It's F2P that one, got into the beta last week but haven't played it yet, I can't complain though because last year i got the 400msp rebate.......... 4 times :P

Couple of others profited from that cock up too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

calex71 wrote: »
    It's F2P that one, got into the beta last week but haven't played it yet, I can't complain though because last year i got the 400msp rebate.......... 4 times :P

Couple of others profited from that cock up too :)

Is it going to be a completely free game or is it going to be freemium?

Judging by the availability of different 'packs' you can pay for it looks to me like it'll be the latter :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Is it going to be a completely free game or is it going to be freemium?(

Freemium. Sadly. There is no such thing as free anymore. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Freemium. Sadly. There is no such thing as free anymore. :(

Defence Grid baby! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

erkifino wrote: »
    Defence Grid baby! :D

For Gold Members.......Baby :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Touché!
    (that was my Eamon Dunphy twist by the way. It wasn't a term of endearment :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone get brothers yet?

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone get brothers yet?

Got it last night only played the trail so far , btu everything i've read about it says it's a quality game.... but it's very short averaging 4/5 hours to play through it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will the price on these go up once the summer of arcade is over? Flashback was one of my favourite games on the SNES, but a bit short on cash at the moment.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Will the price on these go up once the summer of arcade is over? Flashback was one of my favourite games on the SNES, but a bit short on cash at the moment.

never seen that happen before with new releases. I'm waiting for them to go down tbh!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sweetie wrote: »
    never seen that happen before with new releases. I'm waiting for them to go down tbh!

Ah ok, I misunderstood the whole point of this then. Thought summer of arcade was some sort of sale to promote new arcade games. :o

AFAIK its just a promotion for a few new games. I swore I'd never pay 1200 for a game again when I bought Alan Wake: American Nightmare at full price when it came out a couple years back with the same level three times crap! Within a few months it was half that on sale too.

They nearly always go on sale at xmas, played the flashback demo earlier, feels like Shadow Complex.

Actually it's exactly like shadow complex only not as good, reviews have been mixed also several go as far as to say the further in you get the more glitchy and buggy it gets. I have to say though the little I played it didn't seem that bad but I did skip cutscenes to avoid spoilers and those where also singled out in review for having poor voice acting.

Advertisement