Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Work - Does this count?

Options
  • 08-07-2013 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

Currently working as a children's photographer across NSW for an Australian company which has been around for the last 10 years. Some of you may have seen us in shopping centres across Oz...

Part of the job entails travelling across NSW. For example, last week, I was working in Tamworth, the weeks before Jesmond and Raymond Terrace. All the post codes where I'm working are on the Regional list but the head office is in Sydney.

Does this count as regional work?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

In short no.
    It's not regional work you need, it is specified work in a regional area
    the full list can be found here
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/specified-work.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RachBrissie

Sorry to jump on your thread but does anyone know if you split your regional work? As in can I do six weeks now and six weeks after Christmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pinny_1

Sorry to jump on your thread but does anyone know if you split your regional work? As in can I do six weeks now and six weeks after Christmas??

Yes ! Doesnt have to be done in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You can split it into as many pieces as you like, they could each be with different employers too.

Worth point out though, 2 stints of 6 weeks will leave you a couple of days short.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

What happens when you appy for your second year and you state what regional work you've done. I have it done but the boss was a bit of a cock when I left the job. I have his Abn and all my pay slips. Do I need to get home to sign anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

cikearney wrote: »
    What happens when you appy for your second year and you state what regional work you've done. I have it done but the boss was a bit of a cock when I left the job. I have his Abn and all my pay slips. Do I need to get home to sign anything?

I never got them to sign anything. Just gave the ABN number and address.

They did question why I didn't get a form but as I had other proof (and I'd been down to visit them two weeks prior) that was enough. Payslips and details of the work you did should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Batgurl wrote: »
    I never got them to sign anything. Just gave the ABN number and address.

They did question why I didn't get a form but as I had other proof (and I'd been down to visit them two weeks prior) that was enough. Payslips and details of the work you did should be enough.

Thanks for the reply, been to visit who employer or immigration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

cikearney wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, been to visit who employer or immigration

My regional employer. It was a family farm and they adopted me like a daughter so I still keep in contact and visit them when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RachBrissie

Mellor wrote: »
    You can split it into as many pieces as you like, they could each be with different employers too.

Worth point out though, 2 stints of 6 weeks will leave you a couple of days short.

Thanks, ye the six weeks was just a rough guide, we will do the required days we have left in the second stint!

Advertisement