Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only took up fishing........looking for help

Options
  • 09-07-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i am going on hols to a place called ballyheigue in co. kerry and i am looking for good locations around the area to fish i have car so i would be willing to go a little bit away from the area (not too far though)......i know their are spots for mackerel there like the beach etc......but i would like to catch something diffferent..maybe trout...and also how to fish those areas.........thanks in advance all advice is welcome as i am very very new to this fishing crack.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved from Adverts Talk To to angling. I think it's best here

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

i am going on hols to a place called ballyheigue in co. kerry and i am looking for good locations around the area to fish i have car so i would be willing to go a little bit away from the area (not too far though)......i know their are spots for mackerel there like the beach etc......but i would like to catch something diffferent..maybe trout...and also how to fish those areas.........thanks in advance all advice is welcome as i am very very new to this fishing crack.....

Hi john, yo can fish ballyheigue beach for bass, flounder, ray etc.... You can also spin with either lures or spinners from the reefs along the beach to the right... There a good chance for trout from the reef also.. :D

To fish for bass you need a beachcaster and about 15 pound stright through on your reel... For spinning you can use smaller gear.. there loads of places to dig for lug around ballyheigue... Just look for there casts along the beach..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lubo the great

Also goin to ballyhaigue for a few days next month Is there a decent spot locally i could bring the young lad to do some mackerel fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Ballyheigue close to Listowel and the Feale which has some nice trout water above the main bridge in the town. Small spinning rod and small mepps spinners or fly
    You're not far from Fenit which has a long bridge out to the trawlers and you'll see lads fishing off that for flounder, ray, bass. Yopu'll need bigger equipment for that tho.
    Ask around locally is probably your best bet for mackerel.

Advertisement