Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Dublin Taxi Driver.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Loved that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ah that was deadly, fair play to him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Very unprofessional.

That was brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Love when a woman tries to court the attention of a bloke with her idea of "sexy dancing", only for the bloke to be clearly a better dancer and makes her look like shes bopping at the bingo :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Into the boot haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fair play, my opinions have changed, now only 99.999% of taxi drivers are ****

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Moved to CVPL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Love that tune.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

sneaky feel of the bum there @1:30 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

What is going on? So many likes and I can't watch it! Fecking publishing rights in Germany...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Drakares wrote: »
    What is going on? So many likes and I can't watch it! Fecking publishing rights in Germany...

Germany shit...eh...eh..there was no fun happening in that video at all,in fact it was just two people eh..doing accounting outdoors.No fun here in Ireland Herr Drakeres.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Drakares wrote: »

Stop watching youtube and get back to work :mad: Regards, A. Merkel

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

I am going to call shenanigans on this and state that this is guerilla marketing! Knowing that lots of people are attached to Apple phones constantly and will film it and stick it up on You Tube. It has even been in the online papers overseas.

Free advertising, fodder for the viral fools that forward.

Looking at how he does not resist getting out of the car at all, and how she lets him lead her to the boot at the finale, it all goes too swimmingly, the way they also follow each other in the dance off is too fluid.

Shenanigans I say! BOOOOOO! I say BOOOOOOOO!

PS If it was spontaneous I applaud it! But if it is to trick the public into marketing for you, it takes the fun out of spontaneity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I am going to call shenanigans on this and state that this is guerilla marketing! Knowing that lots of people are attached to Apple phones constantly and will film it and stick it up on You Tube. It has even been in the online papers overseas.

Looking at how he does not resist getting out of the car at all, and how she lets him lead her to the boot at the finale, it all goes too swimmingly, the way they also follow each other in the dance off is too fluid.

PS If it was spontaneous I applaud it! But if it is to trick the public into marketing for you, it takes the fun out of spontaneity.

Doesn't look staged at all. For one thing, the girl can't dance particularly well and for another, NISMO is a pretty specific brand (Nissan racing car parts) to be trying for a viral marketing campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

It looks like the lady in question is believed to be Andrea Pappin so doubt its a setup in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

bucks73 wrote: »
    It looks like the lady in question is believed to be Andrea Pappin so doubt its a setup in any way.

And the taxi driver also moonlights as an actor. Was in "my left foot" and a few other things. so.....

First thing I thought when I saw it, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Its been uploaded by Keelan Lynch. Now if you check here http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/keelan-lynch/64/3b8/34b you see that he works for Grooveyard. According to http://grooveyard.ie/event-management-services/experiential-marketing/ they do different and experimental types of marketing.
    the taxi man admitted he is an out of work actor

Definite shenanigans.
    Worked though, over a million hits on youtube and The Gathering tweeting it

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

All taxi drivers have a big gut .The lad in the video does not .It was staged .

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

I am glad they are others that think the same. You are not paranoid if it is true!

And it would not be the first time soulless marketing shysters have abused the goodwill of the public to achieve their foul ends. Can you picture the shifty eyed cabal of them in conclave, meticulously planning the logistics of their "campaign", and rehearsing the dance so that it looks clumsy enough to be real but smooth enough to entertain.

Bastards. Now I cannot enjoy the video at all. And it makes you question every act of spontaneity you see.

Advertisement