Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your baby sleeping in?

Options
  • 09-07-2013 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Just wondering what / how many layers are your babies sleeping in? It's just so warm & I know it's dangerous for babies to be too warm at night. I have a vest and light sheet on my 2 wk old. Window open slightly in bedroom but its roasting still!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

My fella is a bit older, 21 months, but he's just in a nappy these nights and even with the fly window open in his room and windows open in every other room upstairs, he's still warm and clammy and his hair in damp when he wakes and comes into us during the night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

In my bed along with my wife and our other son!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My 5 month old is only sleeping in his nappy and vest.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

the same as you double b, i also have a fan in the bedroom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My 10 week old is on our bed so just a nappy and vest these nights. I put a cellular blanket over her but it usually gets kicked off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

We've always used the rule of thumb that says whatever you are wearing plus one layer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Our 10 week old has just a sleeveless onsie on at night, didn't put a blanket over her or swaddle as her room was roasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

beertons wrote: »
    Our 10 week old has just a sleeveless onsie on at night, didn't put a blanket over her or swaddle as her room was roasting.

Our little fella has had a long sleeve vest on and v light jammie bottoms. He's hot but not roasting. I've been leaving the blackout blind in our room down during the day which keeps the room cool.

Advertisement