Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a day for cleaning the bikes

• 09-07-2013 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

spent 4 hours cleaning the bikes today unfortunately ive to let the zzr go :(
    IMAG2032_zpsd55b9700.jpg

IMAG2033_zpsd84c96d8.jpg

IMAG2034_zpsc2eb44fc.jpg

IMAG2035_zps426d64ac.jpg

IMAG2044_zpsd73ff25b.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

You mean riding? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

nah that was yesterday did 230km

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

What do you clean with the wire brush??? Hope its not the fairings :eek::eek:

leppla wrote: »
    What do you clean with the wire brush??? Hope its not the fairings :eek::eek:

lightly on the sprocket and chain

kevin-46 wrote: »

Just in from cleaning mine now. Would not trust the wire brush muself , I would be afraid of damaging the o-rings. I just use a tooth brush. But maybe I worry too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

kevin-46 wrote: »

Bit of Kerosene and a tooth brush man....dirt falls off ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Bit of Kerosene and a tooth brush man....dirt falls off ;)

Used exactly that last night for the first time on the new bike. Spotless !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Used exactly that last night for the first time on the new bike. Spotless !!!

picture or it never happend

Bikerguy wrote: »
    picture or it never happend

No time for taking pictures I'm afraid ed.

Step 1: clean bike and lube chain, ensure bike is safe for riding.

Step 2: ride bike many many miles

Step 3: repeat steps 1 and 2

Important rule: Do not stop too take pictures . . . and while where on rules do not collect $100 for passing GO.

Ed's bike is so comfortable he cannot get off it to take pictures!

;)

• Advertisement

:) well i give you hot tips.

1. step one go for short spin to warm up the chain before all start.
    2. step two clean the chain with soft brush + wd40 or gt85 and let it dry --> time to take pics
    3. step 3 apply chain lube on dry chain - the best i found is wurth dry chain lube, but you can use any
    4. step 4 leave the bike for few hours to dry out before drive --> time to take pics
    5. step 5 enjoy the clean chain for 500+ miles guaranteed.

:)))))

report back with results :)

Ed's bike is so comfortable he cannot get off it to take pictures!

;)

i can take pics while driving that comfy is my baby... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Great day for killing some flies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Great day for killing some flies

Ah man, i was out for a drive the other night and had to pull in at one stage to clean the visor because i couldnt see due to the amount of smashed flies on it! :o

2. step two clean the chain with soft brush + wd40 or gt85 and let it dry --> time to take pics
    3. step 3 apply chain lube on dry chain - the best i found is wurth dry chain lube, but you can use any
    4. step 4 leave the bike for few hours to dry out before drive --> time to take pics

You forgot too put a step in of six hours cleaning the bike . . .I thought that's how you roll ed??

I also clean the chain while it is warm. I usually warm it up before oilling it too.

Seriously dont waste your money on wd40 and the like. . .get kerosene. Its great

You forgot too put a step in of six hours cleaning the bike . . .I thought that's how you roll ed??

I also clean the chain while it is warm. I usually warm it up before oilling it too.

Seriously dont waste your money on wd40 and the like. . .get kerosene. Its great

i got wd40 in lidl. big cans for no money on offer while a go. i can wash my pony in wd40 that cheap it was. ;)

but i will check out kerosene.

WD40 will remove dirt but you have to use a fair bit of it and it does not make the chain look clean....it just removes the dirt. Kerosene is alot better IMHO, just dose a rag and away you go. Then dry wipe the chain and lube up according to your preference.

I have plenty of wd40 and I got it while it was going cheap. I use it to remove some oily dirt on the bike. But kerosene is the dogs balls for the chain.
    Next Sunday spin we can swap cleaning techniques over some grub lol

i used gunk brill stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Buy a shaft drive bike.

No need to clean a chain at all :)

More time to ride the bike.

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »
    Buy a shaft drive bike.

No need to clean a chain at all :)

More time to ride the bike.

Except when you are fixing the bike every other weekend :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Except when you are fixing the bike every other weekend :pac::pac::pac:

...he didn't say BMW..... ;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...he didn't say BMW..... ;)

He does'nt have too. :P

Advertisement