Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroin in waterford

Options
  • 09-07-2013 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

As im sure most of you are aware waterford is a hotspot for heroin,
    ive a friend who has fallen to it and im quite concerned..

I want to intervene, get him into a clinic and sort himself out as hes in college doing really well for himself.. And, well im a friend, I care about him and it hurts seeing him in bits..

Is there anywhere i can sign him in and he cant leave until hes clean or is that gone by the wayside?

Is there a list of clinics or anywhere i might get some info / help / advice regarding his situation?

Thanks loads lads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

0rt wrote: »

Is there anywhere i can sign him in and he cant leave until hes clean or is that gone by the wayside

you cannot 'sign someone in' against their will for treatment of alcohol or drug addiction. getting treatment has to be their choice.

if he doesn't want to address the issue there's very little you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

0rt wrote: »
    As im sure most of you are aware waterford is a hotspot for heroin,
    ive a friend who has fallen to it and im quite concerned..

I want to intervene, get him into a clinic and sort himself out as hes in college doing really well for himself.. And, well im a friend, I care about him and it hurts seeing him in bits..

Is there anywhere i can sign him in and he cant leave until hes clean or is that gone by the wayside?

Is there a list of clinics or anywhere i might get some info / help / advice regarding his situation?

Thanks loads lads!
    time is of the essence when it comes to this, the longer they are using the harder it is to stop, good luck and your friend is lucky to have such a good friend

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

cheers lads, im getting on the case now :)

Advertisement