Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Problem - Visa Debit

Options
  • 09-07-2013 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

So, bit of a strange one for you... 

I was recently the victim of fraud on my Visa debit, and thankfully, due to the fast reactions from BOI they stopped it before it went any further... issued me with a full refund, cancelled my card and issued a replacement.

I had services tied to my old Visa card, like netflix etc. - obviously they all needed updating to the new card details when it arrived.

about 4 days ago.. i got a email from Netflix, telling me there was a problem paying for my subscription (with my old card) ... 4 days after that.. i got an emai stating that, my payment for the subscription was successful.. using card number (Last four digits of NEW CARD was displayed)

Now this is when it gets confusing.. i have NOT TOUCHED the new card since arriving, it has in fact remained in the envelope.. as i am currently out of the country..

I just wondered if this has anything to do with BOI?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Robert,

I hope you are having a good time in the states. 

Please contact Netflix first and they can advise you of the details they have on file and how the payment was taken. If there is any further investigation required, please call your branch directly to discuss.

I am glad the issue with your card having fraud attempted was resolved quickly for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement