Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interactive Shop Display Idea

Options
  • 09-07-2013 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to figure out the best way to achieve the following:

I need to create an interactive display to showcase video reels by different videographers. The idea is that a large screen will be wall mounted and will display the footage. A user will be able to use a Tablet to select different videographers and view their reel.

The cheapest method I've come up with so far involves connecting a small PC up to a large LCD TV and then using an Android tablet to remote control that PC using something like Teamviewer. The menus on the big screen will be created as a fairly simple website that can be navigated through on the tablet.

Is there an easier solution that I am not thinking of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can remove the need for a PC by simply have all the info/films on the droid tablet and simply use the TV as a display.

You might find some app that will handle this on Google Play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 acrylicgift

There are so many kinds of wall mounted acrylic display case ,which can meet with your needs. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

At best buy some stores have a Razer headset vendor-funded display which is powered by nothing more than a vendor provided demo app running on an A200 Acer Iconia. The Iconia has a USB port and HDMI out, so it would have been fairly straightforward to feed audio to the headsets etc.

Advertisement