Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody brought their two year old to the cinema?

Options
  • 09-07-2013 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

When do you think 2 year olds can go to the cinema, concentrate, sit down, not be affected by the volume?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Probably not when they're 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Is it to a specific children's screening? If not I wouldn't bring a child that young to the movie theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

IMC cinema's do toddler friendly viewings where they use some light in the auditorium and lower the volume to make it easier on both parents and toddlers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I was thinking of screenings that might be on over the summer - despicable me 2, monsters university etc.

I wondered how it would work with the 2 and the 4 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I want to bring my 4 yo to Monster U. I wouldn't even attempt it with a child who doesn't watch a full movie at home. My fella lacks concentration for most things, at 2 he would have been insufferable to other kids even, but each child is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Beg to differ we brought our eldest to the cinema last year when she was 3 now I was expecting tantrums and so on ,she couldn't sit still if you paid her so wifey takes her to see beauty and the beast for the first time to my complete surprise she sat down and watched the movie in full ,

This week her summer camp took 20+ kids from aged 3-7
    To displicable me 2 again she was super behaved one of the few who sat and watched the movie ,
    Again each child is different one issue that's cropped up is seats for younger kids they keep folding when a small child is sitting on them due to lack of weight

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I have brought my 20 month old to the cinema with her older nephews. She was mesmerised by the screen & she had popcorn while sitting quietly in her seat. I was actually surprised she stayed so quiet for the film!

I would only bring a toddler to a specific family friendly film, such as the ones you mentioned, and we went on a weekday morning when it was only children & parents there. No harm in trying it, if it doesn't work then leave & bring the 4 year old on her own the next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Razorfish

Started bringing my daughter, 2 yrs 9 months to the cinema about 3 months ago. Pixar and disney (tinkerbell) stuff. Recently despicable me and monsters uni. All has been going well. Bring fruit for a snack, raisons and a drink with us.
    She sits through them all, sometimes on my lap.

Advertisement